The Jane Goodall Institute (JGI) is a global community conservation organization that advances the vision and work of Dr. Jane Goodall by conserving chimpanzees and inspiring communities to conserve the natural world we all share, we improve the lives of people, animals, and the environment. We strongly believe everything is connected and everyone can make a difference.
The Jane Goodall Institute Tanzania (JGI-TZ) is a reputable and rapidly expanding non-governmental organization committed to wildlife research, conservation, socio-economic development, and environmental education. The Jane Goodall Institute Tanzania (JGI-TZ) was founded in 2001 by Dr. Jane Goodall, DBE. The JGI Tanzania with its partners makes a difference through community cantered conservation, chimpanzees research projects, youths’ environmental education, the innovative use of science and technology, we workclosely with local communities in Tanzania, inspiring hope through a collective power of individual action.
The Jane Goodall Institute Tanzania is currently seeking to recruit a suitably qualified and competent Tanzanian to fill the following vacant positions:
Job Position: Procurement Manager
Duty Station: Dar es salaam
Reporting Line: Executive Director
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
Main responsibilities will include but not limited to:
Procurement Strategy and Planning:
- Develop and implement procurement strategies aligned with the Jane Goodall Institute Tanzania (JGI-TZ) goals and objectives.
- Collaborate with project managers to forecast procurement needs and ensure timely acquisition of goods and services.
- Coordinate the development and regular review of the procurement plans for JGI-TZ administration and its projects.
Supplier & Contract Management:
- Draft contracts and ensure the selected & approved suppliers, contractors, and consultants are contracted accordingly.
- Negotiate contractual terms including pricing to obtain the best value for JGI-TZ.
- Monitor supplier performance and compliance with contract terms.
- Coordinate identification and notification of suppliers for different goods including vetting against their conduct.
Procurement Process Management:
- Ensure procurement processes are transparent, fair, and adherence to JGI policies, donor requirements and government regulations.
- Perform due diligence for all procurements in collaboration with the finance team to ensure value for money.
- Ensure all legitimate documents to and from the supplier are perfectly completed and submitted in support of the procurement process.
- Oversee the entire procurement cycle, including requisition, sourcing, evaluation, selection, contract award, and delivery.
Budget and Cost Management:
- Develop and manage procurement budgets, tracking expenditures and ensuring adherence to financial limits in collaboration with Program Directors.
- Facilitate each project to develop annual procurement plan (needs).
- Implement cost-saving initiatives and strategies while maintaining quality and compliance.
- Risk Management and Compliance:
- Identify and mitigate procurement-related risks, including supply chain disruptions and non-compliance to policies, laws, and regulations.
- Ensure procurement activities adhere to relevant legal, ethical, and donor-specific guidelines.
Team Leadership and Development:
- Lead and manage a procurement team, providing guidance, mentoring, and professional development opportunities.
- Serve as the Secretary of the Tender Committee unless directed otherwise by the Executive Director.
- Foster a collaborative and efficient working environment within the procurement team and with other projects and programs.
- Advise the Management on the best practices of managing procurement for the improvement of our process.
- Documentation and Reporting:
- Maintain accurate and organized procurement records, including purchase orders, contracts, and supplier information.
- Prepare regular reports on procurement activities, performance metrics, and cost savings for management and donors.
- Participate in audits as needed or assigned by the Financial
Required Job Qualifications and Experience:
- Must have a minimum of first degree in procurement and logistics management or supply chain management from recognized
- Must have at least Seven (7) years of work experience progressively conducting various procurement categories, i.e goods, works and consultancy services.
- Must be registered by Professional Body especially Procurement and Supplies Professional and Technician Board (PSPTB).
- Experience in donor funds management in the NGO sector managing the award and grants funded by USAID and other international
- Understanding of local contract and procurement
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written Kiswahili and English.
- Strong knowledge of donor auditing requirements and demonstrated ability to exercise procurement budget oversight.
- Demonstrated solid knowledge of rules and regulations for USAID and other donors related to procurement.
All applications should be submitted together with the most recent Curriculum Vitae (resume), copy of relevant academic certificates & transcripts, testimonials, three names of reputable referees, day-time telephone number or e-mail address, and should be send to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview and provided with interview feedback.
The deadline for submitting the application is 1 September 2023.
JGI Tanzania is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, national or tribal origin, religious belief, gender, and marital status.
QUALIFIED FEMALE APPLICANTS ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.