SWISSAID is a non-government organization headquartered in Switzerland with operations in nine countries in Africa including Tanzania. The organization focus on supporting small scale farming on ecological organic agriculture, Fish farming, advocating for gender equality and supporting extractive industry transparency and accountability, artisan and small scale gold miners.
Swissaid Tanzania currently works with a community of more than 10000 small scale farmers and fish farmers in the southern regions of Mtwara and Lindi. In line with SWISSAID Tanzania 2019-2024 country programme, the overarching objective is to improve sustainable rural livelihoods, income and nutrition of smallholder farmers. For more information www.swissaid.ch
SWISSAID Tanzania is recruiting for Procurement and logistics officer. Under direct supervision of the Finance and administration unit, the Procurement and Logistics Officer is responsible for the management of all project procurements and assist with processing service contracts, leases and rental agreements; coordinating logistics and travel arrangements; and supporting project trainings, workshops, meetings and surveys in the field in full compliance with SW policies and procedures.
- To prepare contract documents or purchase orders to approved bidders
- To seek approval to purchase identified requirements
- To participate in preparations of annual procurement plan
- To participate in preparations of monthly, quarterly and annual procurement report
- To receive, verify and submit invoice of delivered goods or completed service for payment
- Liaise with suppliers for timely delivery of goods
- To participate in preparation of stock tacking
- To maintain store records
- To perform any other duties as may be assigned by the office
Minimum requirements and work experience
- Holder of Bachelor Degree in one of the following: Procurement and supplier management; material management; Store management; logistic management.
- Must be registered by PSPTB as general as a graduate procurement and supplies professional
- Minimum 3 years of practical experience of working with multiple partners including the government, civil society organizations, academia, and or the private sector.
- A commitment to equal opportunities and promotion of gender equality and equity.
- Demonstrate high level communication and analytical skills, report in English.
- Fluent in English and Swahili, must be computer literate.
- Ability to work independently, multitasking and under pressure.
- Be focused on results with strong work ethic and self-motivation.
- Be a team player.
Deadline for submission: 10th March 2023
NOTE: Interested applicants must indicate expected gross salary in Tanzania shillings
Send application to: firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to email@example.com
Leave a Reply