LETSHEGO TANZANIA LIMITED IS LOOKING FOR ASUITABLE CANDIDATE FOR THE POSITION OF:
Job Title: Product Manager-Bancassurance
Reports To: Head of Sales,Product and Channels
Purpose of the Job:
Banc Assurance Manager is responsible for formulating sound and appropriate policies and procedures that will stimulate banc assurance business to ensure service efficiency and cost effective. The person shall be responsible for developing and managing insurance products to existing customers and to the general public through the company branch networks. Also she/he is accountable for supporting Banc Assurance team, business management and the overall performance of the insurance products in line to the agreed target.
- Managing Bancassurance unit as separate profit Unit of the company. Managing Bancassurance unit expenses and ensure it is within budget.
- Managing Agency contracts and negotiating commission from each principal insurance company
- Provide leadership to the insurance team for both life and non-life products and ensure all claims are managed as per agreed TAT.
- Play a key role to ensure that all claims are well received, screened and decision made with agreed TAT
- Provide the main link between the bank, Insurance companies and Insurance agency to customers.
- To systematically plan to insurance agency business to all branches in line with the annual plans.
- To ensure that insurance UNIT operations is complying with the Tanzania Insurance Regulatory Authority (TIRA)
- Opening and maintaining collection account of each Principal
- Push sales of insurance products in order to attain targeted commission budget
- Recruiting new insurance clients and maintain existing to meet the desired market share.
- Managing and supporting sales activities in the branches.
- Initiate, plan, organise and follow up on direct marketing activities individually.
- Ensuring that customers are serviced with high standards and ethics
- Selling banks core products (accounts, loans, and forex) to all non-banked insurance clients
- Ensuring that all products sold are in compliancy with BOT Banc-asurance guideline and TIRA
- To maintain sound and active relationship with Bancasurance regulators and keep updated with any industry changes
- To produce daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly Bancasurance Sales reports to management
- To prepare Monthly and quarterly regulatory reports (TIRA and BOT).
- Prepare and conduct regular training to staff on insurance products and how to sale Insurance products
- To develop sound succession plan for the Bancasurance unit
- To identify Knowledge Gap on Insurance products and develop training program which will cover the Gap
Thinking Requirements and Working Complexity:
Job holder should seek to develop strong relationships with those performing a similar role at peer group businesses/banks and to join any appropriate industry forums that will enhance job performance and understanding.
Multi-cultural awareness and the ability to interact with a wide range of differing levels and sectors of staff, society, social and business, is an essential characteristic of the person holding this position.
Knowledge and Experience Required of Job Holder:
- Degree in Insurance and Risk management or equivalent insurance experience with COP certificate. Master degree in the insurance and risk discipline would be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 4 years’ working experience in insurance industry.
- A comprehensive knowledge of Tanzanian Insurance business.
- Conversant with insurance product offerings in the wider financial services industry
- Effective communications skills, organizational skills, and ability to respond to requests effectively and efficiently.
- Understanding of BOT and TIRA guidelines on Bancasurance
- In-depth knowledge of current computer system functions, input procedures, codes, report capabilities and configuration.
- Ability to plan and conduct training sessions to staff members on insurance products and sales
- Ability to carry out detailed written or verbal instructions with multiple concrete and abstract variables.
HOW TO APPLY
FOR SUBMISSION OF YOUR APPLICATION Interested and qualified applicants are requested to submit their application explaining why they are the best fit for the position through the email TZ.Human.Resources@letshego.com
Disclaimers: This job advert is not an in-deth list of all duties and responsibilities associated with the position. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The deadline for submitting the application is 25 March 2021