Productivity for Prosperity (P4P) Senior Programme Manager
About Palladium – Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with governments, businesses, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. With a team of more than 3,000 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of over 35,000 experts, we help improve economies, societies and, most importantly, people’s lives.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion – We welcome applications from all sections of society and actively encourage diversity to drive innovation, creativity, success and good practice. We positively welcome and seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce; and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment regardless of their background or personal characteristics. These include: (but are not limited to) socio-economic background, age, race, gender identity, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, veteran, marital or Indigenous status.
Should you require any adjustments or accommodations to be made due to a disability or you are a neurodivergent individual or any other circumstance, please email our team at email@example.com
Safeguarding – We define Safeguarding as “the preventative action taken by Palladium to protect our people, clients and the communities we work with from harm”. We are committed to ensuring that all children and adults who come into contact with Palladium are treated with respect and are free from abuse. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced selection process including safeguarding-focused interviews and a rigorous due diligence process.
Project Overview and Role:
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
FCDO’s Productivity for Prosperity (P4P) will be a sustainable economic transformation programme that will look to increase labour productivity and climate-resilience in Tanzania’s job-creating sectors. It will achieve this through private sector development (investment facilitation, trade facilitation and building capabilities of firms) and business environment reform (supporting proportionate and predictable regulation). P4P will also provide a single streamlined platform to support the UK’s economic and climate diplomacy in Tanzania, in partnership with CDC and the Department for International Trade.
The key responsibilities of the Senior Programme Manager are outlined below. It is to be noted that these are not exhaustive and may evolve with the delivery of the programme.
- Develop and manage a strong relationship with FCDO during the course of the programme, acting as the main point of contact for all issues relating to the progamme’s technical and operational management.
- Represent the programme both with client offices, and external audiences as needed, including with national and global communities of practice.
- Develop strong working relationships and a regular dialogue on programme progress and challenges with Palladium’s core team and the client.
- Maintain a strong working relationship with the Programme Director, the Strategy Director and the Political Director.
Strategy and Operational Planning
- Lead on the development of the Theory of Change and an adaptive approach to deliver the programme outputs in cooperation and consultation with technical advisors, Programme Director, Strategy Director, FCDO, partners, the government and other key stakeholders.
- Lead with the Programme Director in the preparation of work plans and budgets; staffing plans; performance improvement plans and other plans as required.
- Provide guidance, oversight and quality assurance for all programme activities, outputs and deliverables.
- Assume overall responsibility for the effective implementation of work plans to ensure delivery is on time, within budget, meets client and stakeholder expectations and is contractually compliant.
- Monitor implementation progress; maintain up-to-date project logs and registers; work to resolve issues, manage and mitigate risks; and escalate material issues and risks as appropriate.
- Develop and implement plans for results measurement, monitoring and evaluation, knowledge management, value for money analysis and communication management.
- Ensure good staff management practices including staff planning, recruitment, on-boarding, appraisal and development.
- Ensure good governance & compliance practices, including Due Diligence of partners and hired external consultants; or development of programme manual.
- Support the Programme Director and Political Director, when relevant, in preparing high level discussions with FCDO and in developing any internal/external-facing documents related to the programme.
- Guide, nurture and manage members of the programme team, supporting them in delivery of their workplan deliverables.
- Coach and offer feedback and advice and technical input in and when required.
- Recruit, hire and manage staff and consultants as needed to carry out activities.
Financial Management and Administration
- Ensure the project provides and demonstrates Value for Money.
- Assume responsibility for consistent implementation of company Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Guidelines, Security Protocols and, where applicable, recommends modifications.
- Ensure the programme adheres to the budget and oversee budget variations and contract amendments.
- Lead on financial and progress reporting requirements fixed in agreement with FCDO.
- Substantial experience in managing complex interventions, preferably in an private sector development environment.
- Experience working with key government departments and institutions involved in economic diplomacy, investment promotion and business reform.
- Experience in supporting private sector development and business reform.
- Very good understanding of governance, public administration and key private sector players
- Strong expertise in building and managing programmatic relationships with high level stakeholders from government, civil society and donors.
- Experience working with donor (preferably FCDO) funded programmes
- Strong expertise in leading complex programmes, including managing and mentoring senior members of staff.
- Strong experience in managing complex teams.
The post Productivity for Prosperity (P4P) Senior Programme Manager at Palladium February, 2022 appeared first on 2022/2023 Mabumbe.