Project Accounts Officer
The National Institute for Medical Research (NIMR) is a Parastatal Organization established by an Act of Parliament No. 23 of 1979 (CAP.59, R.E.2002) and became operational in 1980. The National Institute for Medical Research (NIMR) Muhimbili Centre is looking for a full time qualified Tanzanians to fill the posts of Project Coordinator, Study Physician, Clinical Research Nurse, Research Officer and Project accounts Officer.
On behalf of the Director General of the National Institute for Medical Research, the Centre Director of Muhimbili Medical Research Centre wishes to advertise the mentioned posts which require a highly motivated and competent Tanzanians to fill the posts on annual contract basis with possibility of renewal.
PROJECT ACCOUNTS OFFICER (1 Position)
The Project Accounts Officer will assist NIMR Centre Accountant in supporting, facilitating, and coordinating the project activities in daily accounting activities.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of Bachelor’s degree or Advanced Diploma of Accounting or its equivalent. Intermediate stage Professional qualification, will be an added advantage;
- A minimum of three-year experience in donor funded Research Projects in the position of financial management, project accountant or equivalent experience;
- Ability to demonstrate his/her professional, knowledge and experience in budgeting, financial reporting, budget execution and control, procurement procedures, etc.;
- Knowledge of the government financial management regulations;
- Ability to communicate well in verbal and written English and Swahili languages.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The incumbent will report to the Centre Accountant and will have the following duties: –
- To participate in budgeting, budgetary control and reviews of various projects;
- To facilitate and support day to day projects’ operations by implementing and offering support in the financial management area;
- Regular and proper recording of financial transactions, including payments and receivables;
- To prepare of monthly projects bank reconciliations;
- To management of projects imprest in terms of its retirement and reconciliation of balances;
- To prepare of various projects’ reports, and Centre’s periodic financial report;
- To perform activities across the various accounting functions: payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable and general accounting as needs may require;
- To offer support to other Accountants and Project leaders through providing accurate and timely projects’ financial information and reports;
- To prepare detailed duty roster and allocation of staff in respective sections and ensure smooth rotation of duties;
- To participate in the preparation of the Centre’s Annual financial statements; and
- To perform any other relevant duties as assigned by Supervisor.
The Project Accounts Officer will report and work under Centre Accountant.
One-year renewable contract subject to satisfactory performance.
Will be based at NIMR Muhimbili, Dar-es-Salaam.
A competitive salary will be offered.
MODE OF APPLICATION
- All applications should be enclosed with certified photocopies of relevant certificates and detailed curriculum vitae.
- Applicants are also reminded to indicate all necessary information for communication.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
Applicant is required to submit his hardcopy application to the address below.
- The Centre Director,
- National Institute for Medical Research,
- Muhimbili Medical Research Centre,
- P O Box 3436,
- Dar es Salaam, TANZANIA.
The application deadline will be on 14th January 2022.