Employment Opportunity – Project Support Officer.
Asilia Giving is a registered NGO in Tanzania that conducts non-profit conservation and community development activities mainly in Ngorongoro conservation area, Serengeti, Tarangire, Ruaha, Nyerere and Rubondo national park as well as supporting communities surrounding the National Parks.
Asilia Giving is on the lookout for a dedicated and resourceful Tanzanian for the role of Project Support Officer. This role is intrinsic to the foundation’s mission of redefining East African conservation.
The project Officer will support the Project Coordinator, in ensuring the NGO’s activities are implemented efficiently towards the foundation’s vision of thriving natural ecosystems and elevated livelihoods for their custodians. The role will further support the development of nature-based revenue solutions for WMAs, supporting community-driven conservation in pivotal ecosystems like Ruaha, Selous/Nyerere, and Serengeti.
The Project officer will be responsible for assisting in the administration and field activities of the NGO. He/she will be stationed in Arusha with frequent travels to the field ensuring project effectiveness while providing support in all aspects of the NGO activities with a focus on administration, budget Management and monitoring of project progress.
- Provide support in administrative tasks and operation of the NGO activities in every aspect of the project lifecycle.
- Assist in providing substantive inputs for preparation of project reports, documents and ensure compliance with contractual obligations.
- Track/monitor day-to-day progress against project milestones and activities, against scheduled work plans and overall project objectives.
- Assist in data collection, reporting, preliminary analysis, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of the activities.
Frequent field visits, contributing towards better monitoring and data collection of the projects.
- Assist in compiling supporting documents and preparing payment requests for implementing partners and suppliers.
- Liaise and build relationships between Asilia Giving and the implementing partners for the purposes of facilitating activities and improving the quality and relevance of information.
- Organize and set up routine stakeholder meetings, aiding in agenda preparation, minute documentation and communications.
- Support in budget tracking and ensuring expenditures are in line with the planned budget.
- Assist in filling key documents and verifying of asset, maintenance, and stockkeeping.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of the project activities, as well as an understanding of how that impacts other stakeholders.
- Carry out any other duties and projects as required by the management.
- A minimum of 2 years’ work experience in the field of Project Management, administration and/or support.
- Operations Management is required.
- Good experience working in an NGO.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office; emphasis on Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Degree in Project management or Relevant Vocational Training.
- Fluency in both English and Swahili (speaking, reading, and writing).
- Strong communication abilities, effective time management, ability to work in fast-paced environments, keen attention to detail and available for frequent field visits.
Interested candidates should submit their consolidated CV and cover letter in a single PDF document, to: email@example.com by 7th September 2023.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further recruitment processes.
We encourage online applications, hard copies or hand deliveries will not be acknowledged.