To procure the best quality equipment, spares, goods and services at the most competitive prices to enable the company to operate at maximum operational efficiency.
- Forecast levels of demand for products and services.
- Monitor spares inventory and requests and procure goods and services spares, as necessary, in order to minimize processing downtime.
- Keep a constant check on stock levels.
- Analyze and report changes in market conditions, prices, and suppliers.
- Collaborate with key people to ensure clarity and accuracy of product specifications.
- Conduct research to ascertain the best products and suppliers in terms of best value, delivery schedules and quality.
- Build and maintain good relationships with new and existing suppliers.
- Finalize purchase details of orders and deliveries.
- Negotiate contracts with external vendors to secure advantageous terms whilst, at the same time, monitoring the quality of goods and services provided.
- Process payments and invoices.
- Control spend and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs.
- Keep contract files and use them as reference for the future.
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
- Evaluate bids and make recommendations based on commercial and technical factors.
- Attend meetings and trade conferences.
- Train and supervise the work of other members of staff.
- Produce preventive maintenance plans and source necessary spares and consumables
- Record and report accurate information to management
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing company
- Strong personality
UDAHILIPORTAL WHATSAPP GROUPS: JOIN NOW
Leave a Reply