Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit a Receiving Officer to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and on a practical note will ensure activities in the supply department by carrying out day to day warehouse receiving operations aimed at receiving and binning the right quality and quality of materials delivered at the Mine Central Warehouse
Reporting to: Receiving Supervisor
- Ensure safe work practices, i.e. attending compulsory safety courses and meetings, use of required PPE, incident/accident reporting and ensuring total adherence to all Safety, Occupational Health and Environmental Policies, as well as other relevant policies, procedures and guidelines
- To be responsible for the safety standards of goods stored and issued from facilities of Bulyanhulu Gold mine warehousing operations
- To carry out day to day warehouse receiving operations aimed at receiving and binning the right quantity and right quality of materials delivered at the Mine Central Warehouse
- Take responsibility for the safe operation of all Forklifts and other required material handling equipment
- Ensure warehouse housekeeping and all activities are carried out to a standard that is conducive to ensuring an injury free workplace
- To ensure delivery personnel and other visitors to the warehouse comply with Bulyanhulu Gold Mine safety Policies.
- Ensure any discrepancies are reported to the responsible department in a timely manner.
- To operate the weighbridge for bulky deliveries
- To provide efficient and timely service to customers and interfacing departments to meet or exceed the needs of the business
- Provision of parts interpretation and alternative parts possibilities
- Maintain strong communication links with all customers and interfacing departments to assist others to meet business objectives
- Participates in stock take
- To maximize the use of available technology to maintain a high standard and cost effective materials management service in an expanding and changing business environment
- Certificate in Warehousing or Materials Management
- Diploma in Materials Management will be advantageous
- Licensed minimum Class E and or certified to operate all appropriate materials handling equipment
- 1-2 Years previous Warehouse/Logistics experience
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to operate all appropriate materials handling equipment: eg, Forklift, mobile crane, carousel etc.
- Knowledge on basic MS Office applications – Outlook, Excel and Word in etc.
- Valid License to operate materials handling equipment minimum Class E
- Good Communication skills
- Customer service skills
- Good Work Ethics
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
If you are not contacted by Barrick – Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 21st February 2022
BEWARE OF FRAUDULENT ACTIVITIES! BGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling Toll-Free Number +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com
The post Receiving Officer at Bulyanhulu Gold Mine February, 2022 appeared first on 2022/2023 Mabumbe.