Service, Health and Development for people living with HIV /AIDS (SHDEPHA+) is a national non-governmental organization, registered on 21 November 1994 with registration number SO 8216, with the aim of mobilizing resources to help people living with HIV/AIDS and to fight the spread of the disease. Although originally focusing on people living with HIV/AIDS, over the years SHDEPHA+ has expanded beyond HIV/AIDS and related issues to other development interventions and now covers both infected and affected by HIV/AIDS with over 65 branches countrywide. Each branch of SHDEPHA+ works independently, developing, managing, and implementing its projects; though all branches share one constitution and registration.
SHDEPHA+ Kahama, based in Kahama Municipal, is among the 65 branches, was launched in 1999 and started independent operations in 2002 has been working with both international and national donors, the local and central government and other stakeholders to work toward the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. The organization works with the poor, key, and vulnerable groups including women, children, youth, people with special needs; and it gives special attention to the underserved and marginalized populations such as PLHV, FSW, and VAGYW
SHDEPHA+ Kahama has been selected and reassigned to implement The Global Fund for AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (GFATM) program as a sub recipient of AMREF Health Africa Tanzania ( as a Principal recipient (PR 2) for the Non State Actors) for the HIV/TB/Malaria/RSSH grant. The grant will be implemented for three years, from 2021 to 2023 in 4 regions of Tanzania (SHINYANGA, SIMIYU, TABORA and SINGIDA).
The GF HIV/TB project implementation will be done in collaboration and guidance from the Tanzania Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children and the President’s Office Regions Authority and Local Government (PORALG). With this, SHDEPHA+ Kahama therefore is seeking competent, experienced, dynamic, and qualified candidates to fill the position listed below:
REGIONAL PROGRAM OFFICERS (4 Positions) one from each region
Location: Tabora, Shinyanga, Simiyu and Singida
Reports to: Programs Manager
Contract Duration: 12 months (renewable)
The Regional Program Officer under SHDEPHA+ will work in collaboration with Global Fund technical team at regional levels and community in respective Regions to implement the GF HIV/TB program targeting population at risk Key and Vulnerable Populations. She/he will monitor the implementation of the HIV/TB prevention, testing services, Condom Programming, and Community Empowerment activities in compliance with the overall regional work plan.
She/he will play a key role in ensuring that the Community activities are conducted according to the National standards and Global Fund standard operating procedures, and that beneficiaries receive quality services; she/he will also play a crucial role in supervising and building the capacity of Peer Educators, Navigators and mobilizers for effective and efficiently implementation of activities during outreach activities (mobile testing and moonlight approaches) for HTS provision. She will be managing all community activities through conducting progress review meetings in monthly basis with all peers (educators, mobilizers, navigators) and health care providers. She/he will be coordinating the case management team with health facilities and community for continuum of care. Also, will be responsible in monitoring Gender based/Intimate partners Violence cases includes status of referral and linkages. The Regional Program Officer will report to the Project Manager.
Main Accountabilities and Responsibilities;
A: Community Engagement
- Supervising and Managing all peers (educators, mobilizers, navigators), by making sure community activities are well planned and implemented to facilitate Comprehensive HIV service provision (HTS, PrEP, HIVST, TB, GBV and Family planning)
- Supervision of HTS service including mobile testing, self-testing, and index testing to reach key population.
- Supporting Peer (Educators mobilizers, navigators) to roll out Trainings among in respective community.
- Supporting Peer (educators, mobilizers, navigators) during Community works including demand creation, group education, individual education, outreach services for both moonlight and mobile testing and client’s referrals and linkages.
- Supervising and supporting formation of PrEP groups in the project by making sure groups are managed by the team members for sustainability in working area.
- Supervising and monitoring community activities that includes SBCC activities to ensure Peer (educators, mobilizers, navigators) have all required tools etc.
- Work in collaborative with LGA’s in managing community engagement portfolio.
- Coordinate and support the Peers (educators, mobilizers, navigators) to implement and monitor the timely implementation of comprehensive HIV services and provision of friendly services to all KVP clients
- Manage peer educators and peer navigator to ensure proper planning and implementation of community engagement related activities like demand creation, group, and individual education sessions.
- Support establishment of case management team in conjunction with health facility.
- Work with project and Regional officials to facilitate community engagement trainings to, peer educators and navigators and other relevant training required.
- Support integration of HTS with other biomedical and behavioural intervention to key population
- Establish effective work relationship with other stakeholders and R/CHMT partners on program activities
- Work with Peers (educators, mobilizers, navigators) to identify and link KVP clients to other implementing partners for psychosocial support.
- Work collaboratively with other project team members to ensure necessary program planning, development, and management activities function smoothly and efficiently and in an integrated manner
C: Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning, and Reporting;
- Prepare monthly and weekly route plan for the project to reach targeted population. Prepare document experiences, briefs, and success stories
- Monitor Peers (educators, mobilizers, navigators) and Providers implement plans and progress of community engagement portfolio as per project targets
- Provide weekly update and monthly report to Project Coordinator.
- Conducting weekly performance for Peer (educators, mobilizers, navigators) to assess performance and share area of improvement.
- Working closely with the M&E Officer to evaluate data and program progress.
- Conducting monthly meetings with Health services Providers, Peer (educators, mobilizers, and navigators) to share progress in a specific month and plan for the next month.
Qualifications and other requirements specific to the role;
- Bachelor’ degree in public health, social work or other related degree required,
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience working with KVP in HIV/TB at the community level
- Master’s Degree in public health (MPH or equivalent) will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of health and development programs in Tanzania including familiarity with the national KVP, youth and gender guidelines, standards and protocols.
- Experience in programs serving KVP and addressing gender norms. Demonstrated cultural sensitivity and sound understanding of the needs of KVP and other vulnerable groups.
- Experience in working with LGA, NGOs, CBOs and health facilities to implement public health projects, especially those working with vulnerable populations.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication.
- Well-developed computer skills.
- Proven track record working in TB/HIV interventions
- Knowledge and skills in project activities implementation;
- Excellent organizational, planning, negotiating, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office package;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English and Kiswahili;
- Excellent presentation skills.
- A highly motivated team of experienced, self-driven with integrity
Salary scale (2,000,000 -2,500,000/=)
To be considered, your application must be received by 16.30 HOURS 16th MARCH 2021. The subject line of your job application email should mention the job position that you are applying as it appears in this advertisement. Failure to do that your application may not easily be retrieved. All correspondences and applications should be emailed to:email@example.com