A Registered Nurse, or RN, is responsible for working with other Funds for Africa’s healthcare professionals to help the community in the program areas. Their duties include communicating with Doctors and other Registered Nurses about patient needs, administering IVs and medications to aid their patients’ health and using medical equipment to monitor patients’ vital signs.
Registered Nurse Job Responsibilities:
- Restores and promotes patient’s health by completing the nursing process.
- Collaborates with physicians and multidisciplinary team members.
- Provides physical and psychological support to patients, friends, and families.
- Identifies patient care requirements by establishing personal rapport with patients and their families.
- Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological, and spiritual support to patients, friends, and families.
- Assures quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards; measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and hospital or regulatory standards.
- Resolves patient problems and needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols; medication administration and storage procedures; and controlled substance regulations.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Maintains continuity among nursing teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs; and evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains nursing supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and participating in professional societies.
- Maintains a cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating information and participating in team problem-solving methods.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Registered Nurse Qualifications/Skills:
- Clinical skills
- Bedside manner
- Infection control
- Physiological knowledge
- Administering medication
- Medical teamwork
- Multitasking, listening, and verbal communication
- Health promotion and maintenance
- A Diploma/ Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, to include evenings and weekends, in order to meet the needs of
- community residents and be present at community functions
- Excellent communication and organization skills
Remuneration will be in line with the set procedures of the organizations which consider the experience and qualifications of the candidate (USD 2500-3500)
Applications will be accepted up to 6th September 2021. Interested applicants should submit:
(a) a confidential cover letter;
(b) detailed CV with names and addresses of 3 referees.
All applications to be sent to email@example.com