Resarch Officer – TB
Position: Research Officer (1 post)
Reports To: Project Leader
Work Station: Bagamoyo
Apply By: November 15th 2021
Ifakara Health Institute (IHI) is a leading research organization in Africa with a strong track record in developing, testing and validating innovations for health. Driven by a core strategic mandate for research, training and services, the Institute’s work now spans a wide spectrum, covering biomedical and ecological sciences, intervention studies, health-systems research and policy translation.
Ifakara Health Institute is looking for qualified and experienced candidate to join the TB research team in Bagamoyo as Research Officer. The Officer will work as laboratory technologist, performing routine experimental laboratory tests, mainly in the fields of TB laboratory, Molecular Biology and Microbiology according to standard operating procedures (SOPs), GCLP and the study protocol. The Research Officer will be required to produce reliable and precise data for scientific investigations. Adhering strictly to safety and hygiene instructions to prevent accidents and exposure to hazardous material in Bagamoyo.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, prepare and carry out studies involving laboratory
- Prepare and review laboratory standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Maintain adequate inventory of laboratory supplies and equipment for day-to-day
- Ensure precise recording of test results and of procedures required to maintain the quality of the laboratory
- Carry out quality control on test procedures according to established laboratory
- Carry out maintenance and quality control of laboratory
- Prepare and store clinical specimens according to established standard
- Carry out or supervise reagent preparation, labeling and storage.
- Assist other members of staff in preparing
- Participate in relevant network meetings and training activities including conferences, seminars, workshops, and forums in consultation with the
- Assist in training and supervising of laboratory’s new staff and visiting
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the
Qualification and Experience
Bachelor of Science in Biotechnology and Laboratory Science, Microbiology, or Molecular Biology and Biotechnology.
At least 6–12-month experience of working in clinical/biomedical research laboratory, preferably on a TB laboratory.
Skills and Competencies
- Knowledge on standard laboratory practice
- Computer skills in Ms Word, Ms Excel, Ms Powerpoint and the Internet
- Considerable analytical
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates as per IHI salary scales.
IHI is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit intentional biases or discrimination and harassment of any kind at the work place and during recruitment. All employment decisions are based solely on job requirements and individual qualifications, and our recruitment process is governed by the labour laws of Tanzania.
Mode of Application
All candidates who meet the above job requirements should send their application letters together with their detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact addresses including email, telephone/cell phone numbers and copies of academic and professional certificates to the email address below.
The deadline for this application is 17:00hrs on Monday November 15th 2021. All e-mail application subject lines should include: RESEARCH OFFICER – TB BAGAMOYO. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
Human Resources Manager
IFAKARA HEALTH INSTITUTE
#5 Ifakara Street Plot 463 Mikocheni
P.O. Box 78,373
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania