Position: Research Officer (1 post)
Reports To: GLP Coordinator
Work Station: Bagamoyo
Ifakara Health Institute (IHI) is a leading research organization in Africa with a strong track record in developing, testing and validating innovations for health. Driven by a core strategic mandate for research, training and services, the Institute’s work now spans a wide spectrum, covering biomedical and ecological sciences, intervention studies, health-systems research and policy translation.
Ifakara is looking for a qualified and experienced individual to fill a vacant position of Research Officer in the Vector Control Product Testing Unit. The Officer will coordinate all GLP implementation plans, including SOP organization, Quality Manual preparation and amendments.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the SD and TFM in coordination of all GLP implementation plans including SOP organization, Quality Manual preparation and
- Prepare and organize SOPs and approve relevant SOPs on behalf of
- Ensure that relevant SOPs, logs and data sheets are available to all staff in all areas of the
- Ensure that the procedures specified in the SOP are being followed adequately and ensure approved SOPs are available to all appropriate personnel.
- Ensure that all raw data generated during GLP studies is fully documented and
- Work within the laboratory to provide hands-on support, training, guidance and mentorship to laboratory-based
- Ensure all equipment is calibrated and fit for use as per
- Upload environmental data to the
- Assist the SD to plan, organize and supervise activities to make sure resources are used efficiently and effectively to achieve organizational
- Performs routine housekeeping checks on a daily, weekly and monthly basis, to ensure high standards of regulatory compliance and cleanliness of the
- Coordinate the procurement of consumables, reagents and materials and takes responsibility for ensuring effective stock control and that spend is kept in-line with budget.
- Lead process improvements within the GLP facilities to improve quality and
- Ensure health and safety audits are performed and reported on a biannually basis.
- Prepare and present oral and written reports as required by
Qualification and Experience
- Degree in Molecular Biology and Biotechnology or equivalent qualification.
Skills and Competencies
- Knowledge of GLP
- Self-motivated and highly focused attitude to
- Good verbal and oral communication skills in Swahili and local
- Adhere to IHI core values (Transparency, Accountability, Respect, Integrity and Initiative).
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates as per IHI salary scales.
IHI is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit intentional biases or discrimination and harassment of any kind at the work place and during recruitment. All employment decisions are based solely on job requirements and individual qualifications, and our recruitment process is governed by the labour laws of Tanzania.
Mode of Application
All candidates who meet the above job requirements should send their application letters together with their detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact addresses including email, telephone/cell phone numbers and copies of academic and professional certificates to the email address below.
The deadline for this application is 17:00hrs on Monday the 30th of August 2021. All e-mail application subject lines should include: RESEARCH OFFICER – GLP. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
Human Resources Manager
IFAKARA HEALTH INSTITUTE
#5 Ifakara Street Plot 463 Mikocheni
P.O. Box 78,373
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
The deadline for submitting the application is 30 August 2021.