Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to a recruit Safety Officer to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and on a practical note the overall objective of this position is to provide service and support to employees and supervisors in respective departments across the Mine with regards to Employee Health and Safety in the workplace.
Reporting to: Safety Superintendent
- Lead and influence change whilst developing a positive safety culture
- Provide support and guidance to Safety Representatives
- Conduct On job Coaching and Training to employees on Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and safe work practices
- Demonstrate commitment in the completion of health and safety activities
- Timely and accurate completion of Safety daily, weekly, monthly and yearly report
- Conduct scheduled weekly and monthly Safety meetings
- Detail knowledge of establish and implement of ISO 45001:2018 management system,
- Participate in review of Standard Operating Procedures
- Conduct workplace inspections and audits as required
- Assist in incident and accident investigations.
- Monitor and follow up on incident investigation recommendations to ensure actions are completed and implemented.
- Ensure compliance with relevant Tanzanian Occupational Health and Safety regulations
- Demonstrate commitment in the completion of health and safety activities including standards set for the company.
- Correct and report safety hazards when observed.
- Actively support and participate in safety initiatives or training as required.
- Assisting with facilitation of formal risk assessments.
- Understanding of related department activities and manage their impact on the safety programs
- Ordinary Level Secondary Education Certificate
- Tertiary qualification in health and safety management or equivalent from Tanzanian or international recognized institution
- Tanzania OSHA – NOSCH training 1 and 2 Certification
- Formal Training Qualification in Risk Management, Accident Investigations and Occupational Health and Safety
- A Valid Driving License
- 2 – 3 Years’ Experience in Safety Practice in Mining, Processing or Maintenance disciplines. Underground Mining Experience added as an advantage
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Sound knowledge of Legislatory Requirements within Mining- OSHA, Mining Act, Explosives Act, Mines Health & Safety Act, Mining Regulations, ICMI Code, Environmental Laws
- Hazard identification and Risk assessment
- Incident and Accident investigating
- On Job Training and Coaching skills
- Knowledge of Hazardous Material & Practice
- Safety Conscious
- Workplace coaching and training of OHS management to the workforce
- Problem Solving
- Computer Skills- Fluent in MS Office
- Communication, Fluent in written and verbal in English & Swahili
|WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
|HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
|If you are not contacted by Barrick- Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 9th February 2022
|BEWARE OF FRAUDULENT ACTIVITIES! BGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling Toll-Free Number +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com|
The post Safety Officer at Bulyanhulu Gold Mine February, 2022 appeared first on 2022/2023 Mabumbe.