The U.S. Mission in Dar es Salaam is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position below.
|Position Title:||Security Investigator (Senior)|
- Announcement Number:
- Hiring Agency:
- Embassy Dar Es Salaam
- Position Title:
- Security Investigator (Senior) (All Interested Candidates)
- Open Period:
- 03/30/2021 – 04/13/2021Format MM/DD/YYYY
- Vacancy Time Zone:
- LE – 0705 9
- TZS TSh49,597,266
- Work Schedule:
- Full-time – 40 hours a week – work schedule
- Promotion Potential:
- Duty Location(s):
1inDar Es Salaam, TZ
- Telework Eligible:
- For More Info:
- Hiring Path:
- • Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
- All Interested Applicants / All Sources
- Security Clearance Required:
- Public Trust – Background Investigation
- Appointment Type
- Appointment Type Details:
- Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
- Marketing Statement:
- We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
- The U.S. Mission in Dar es Salaam is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Security Investigator (Senior) in the Regional Security Office.
- Supervisory Position:
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed:
- Travel Required:
- Occasional Travel
Supervision, Management and Coordination 40%
- Maintains the integrity of post security programs by managing and training FSNI and support staff.
- Provides oversight and make corrections where needed on background investigations on local staff and contractors, as well as other types of investigations.
- Conducts special investigations of illegal or criminal activities, often of sensitive nature.
- Prepares detailed investigative reports and testifies in judicial proceedings regarding criminal investigations and prosecutions.
- Maintains effective liaison with officials of the host country to include civilian, military, and police at both policy-making and operational levels.
- Utilizes contacts to conduct sensitive investigations, negotiates post security requirements, coordinates U.S. dignitary visits, arranges ambassadorial security, and facilitates international conferences.
- Travels to different cities in the country to coordinate with local authorities to facilitate VIP travels.
Threat Analysis 10%
- Gathers and evaluates intelligence information concerning threats against post personnel, facilities, or information.
- Develops local contacts to receive and verify criminal, counterintelligence, terrorist or other threat information.
- Monitors criminal and terrorist activities and any relevant socio-political developments in country and reports on their impact on post security environment.
**Note: This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the incumbent. Incumbent will be required to perform other duties as assigned by the agency.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- EXPERIENCE: Minimum of five years of law enforcement, military, private security, or investigative work experience is required.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: A working knowledge of documentary sources of information and familiarity with local and regional laws regarding marriage, divorce, adoption, and military service.
- Education Requirements:
- Two years of university studies in general coursework is required.
- LANGUAGE: Fluent in English (spoken/written/reading) is required and Fluent Kiswahili (spoken/written/reading) Is required. (this may be tested).
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: A valid driver’s license is required. (Class B & D)
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
- Agency Benefits:
- The U.S. Mission in Tanzania offers compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- Other Information:
- HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
- How to Apply:
- To apply for this position, applicants MUST apply electronically via ERA.For more information, visit this link https://tz.usembassy.gov/embassy/jobs/
- Required Documents:
- In order to qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested diploma and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. If you fail to provide requested information, or the information you submit is insufficient to verify your eligibility, you will not be considered for this position.
- Copy of 2 years of University Studies certificate
- Driver’s License
- Proof of Citizenship (Passport/Nida/Voters ID)
- Other (if any)
- Other 2 (if any)
- Next Steps:
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted only via email.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Tanzania.
The deadline for submitting the application is 13 April 2021