Mwananchi Communications Limited, a subsidiary of Nation Media Group, and publishers of Mwananchi, The Citizen and Mwanaspoti newspaper and its digital products is looking to recruit highly motivated and experienced individuals to fill the positions of:
SECURITY OFFICER (1 POST)
To ensure a safe and secure environment for operations in the Company to enable MCL meet its business objectives.
- Control the times individuals have access to the facility
- Inspect vehicles required to enter or exit the facility
- Develop a procedure to challenge unauthorized/unidentified persons
- Deploy security guards to control access to the facility and keep records of all visitors, staff, contractors, employees and vendors
- Deny access and trigger an alarm when visitors or strangers attempt to forcibly try to gain access to the facility
- Post signage within the facility to indicate areas restricted to authorized personnel.
- Ensure that all doors and windows are locked when not in use
- Record and verify goods being delivered to Mwananchi Communications Limited.
- Record and verify goods being dispatched out of Mwananchi Communications Limited.
- Protect against un-manifested material being introduced/removed from Mwananchi Communications Limited.
- Put in a place a procedure for searching of persons and inspection of packages and ensure that statutory regulations are observed to avoid unnecessary litigation.
- Develop procedures for random and unannounced security assessments.
- Ensure that all products and equipment leaving Mwananchi Communications Limited are properly marked, weighed, counted, documented and verified against manifest document
- Clear identification of protected areas.
- Appropriate lighting for key operational areas.
- Gates or doors through which vehicles or personnel enter or exit should be manned or under the observation of security personnel.
- Restrict access to cargo storage areas so as to safeguard against pilferage.
- Access to employee parking areas must be controlled at all times.
- Private passenger vehicles should be prohibited from parking in goods delivery/dispatch areas or immediately adjacent to cargo storage areas.
- Ensure that firearms, illegal drugs, knives and weapons of any sort, are prohibited in all MCL facilities.
- Ensuring gate passes are issued to all company drivers leaving the premises for any reason. The gate passes should be authorized and details of the journey indicated
- Ensure that any contract employee on the premises wear appropriate distinctive clothing. These include security staff, cleaners, cooks etc.
- Maintain a roster with current telephone numbers of key company personnel, union officials, law enforcement, hospitals and the fire department to minimize any delay in making emergency contacts.
Documentation Processing Security
- Ensure that the security department maintains parallel records for all transactions as part of the internal control process
- Ensure that signatures required for all process checkpoints ( e.g., document preparation for newspaper delivery, cargo receipt and delivery, returns, etc)are put in place
- Keep and maintain the following records:
- Occurrence Book
- Visitors Register
- Staff Register
- Items in Register
- Items out Register
- Alarm activation register
- Newspaper and Magazines dispatch register
- Returns Register
- Vehicle control register
- Search Register
- And others
- Ensure that there proof of delivery for all consignments is maintained
Qualifications and Experience:
Academic: Basic University Degree.
Professional: Diploma in Security Management.
Experience: 3 to 5 years working experience.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Interested and qualified candidates should apply online via our career portal https://careers.mcl.co.tz OR email@example.com by March 20, 2023
NB: Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
All Applications should be in PDF format.
Women are highly encourage to apply.
MCL is an equal opportunity employer.
Leave a Reply