Pathfinder International is driven by the conviction that all people, regardless of where they live, have the right to decide whether and when to have children, to exist free from fear and stigma, and to lead the lives they choose. Since 1957, we have partnered with local governments, communities, and health systems in developing countries to remove barriers to critical sexual and reproductive health services. Together, we expand access to contraception, promote healthy pregnancies, save women’s lives, and stop the spread of new HIV infections, wherever the need is most urgent. Our work ensures millions of women, men, and young people are able to choose their own paths forward.
Location: Bangladesh, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Côte d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of Congo, Egypt, Ethiopia, India, Kenya, Mozambique, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Tanzania, Togo, or Uganda.
Analyzes and prepares financial reports, optimizes workflow, and harmonizes processes to ensure the accurate and timely close. Coordinates and documents accounting processes based on different ERP systems. Manages the monthly preparation, review and analysis of global operating results, and reconciliation .The senior accountant will provide oversight to various accounting processes including mentoring more junior staff.
Key Job Outcomes:
- Reconciliation: Records and reconciles balance sheet accounts including cash, intercompany, prepaids and accruals. Prepares monthly standard and recurring journal entries. Maintains fixed assets and related depreciation schedules including roll forwards and reconciliations
- Country Cash Requests: Reviews monthly country cash funding requests for accuracy before elevating for payment. Responsible for processing payments.
- Compliance: Reviews transactions to verify compliance with GAAP, CFR200, Pathfinder and donor policies and regulations.
- Financial Reporting Process: Assists in the completion of the financial reporting process in accordance with Pathfinder International guidelines.
- Government Surveys: Prepares data and documentation for government surveys within set time constraints.
- Accounting Processes: Works to identify ways to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of financial reporting and assists in initiatives to implement improvements financial statements in accordance with US GAAP requirements. Optimizes workflow and harmonizes processes. Coordinates and documents accounting processes based on different ERP systems.
- Account payable: Verifying, allocating, posting, and reconciling accounts payable.
- Audit Preparation: Assists the annual audits in preparing financial schedules and responding to audit questions as needed. Will lead audit workstreams related to AP and other accounts as appropriate.
- Team Lead: Guide the accountants and other staff by answering questions, training, and mentoring.
- Consolidation Coordination: Manages consolidation process to ensure global consolidation allocations and processes are accurately recorded on time.
- Project Management and Participation: Leads, manages or participates on cross-functional project teams.
Minimally Required Job-Specific Competencies:
- Accounting Principles and Practices: Advanced knowledge of and ability to apply accounting principles, standards, guidelines, and practices. Advanced knowledge of FAR and GAAP.
- Reconciliation: Proven ability to reconcile accounts.
- Consolidation Process: Proven ability to manage account consolidation process.
- Reporting: Foundational knowledge of the financial reporting process.
- Accounting Systems and Tools: Advanced knowledge of accounting systems, data and spreadsheets.
- Audit Process: Foundational knowledge of the audit process, standards and guidelines.
- Job-Specific Software Applications: Advanced knowledge of accounting software applications to include accounting systems experience with “Microsoft dynamics navigation (Serenic) preferred but not required.
Minimally Required Organizational Competencies:
- Analysis and Sound Judgement: Advanced analytical and trouble shooting skills. Ability to make sound judgments. Ability to improve processes, promote excellence and demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
- Software Applications: Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
- Languages: Proven ability to write and speak using local language and English language
- Communication: Advanced oral and written communication skills using different forms of media. Ability to translate complex financial concepts to individuals at all levels including finance and non-finance managers.
- Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights Services: Foundational knowledge of family planning and reproductive health principles, practices and services of assigned program, including program strategies and indicators
- Passion for Sexual and Reproductive Health Services: Demonstrated commitment to family planning, reproductive health services, gender, maternal, child health services, and eradication of harmful traditional practices
- Influencing and Customer Service Skills: Proven ability to influence using diplomacy skills with key stakeholders. Demonstrated customer service skills.
- Organization, Planning and Multi-tasking: Advanced organizational and planning skills, project planning and management skills. Proven ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision. Proven ability to coordinate activities.
- Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to be detailed-oriented and consistently accurate, ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-paced environment, and ability to quickly learn new systems, processes and procedures and adapt local practices to global standards.
- Matrix Management: Ability to thrive in a matrixed organization.
- Confidentiality: Proven ability to maintain confidentiality on work-related issues.
Required Education, Training and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Management with an emphasis in Accounting, or related field, or equivalent, or a combination of education and experience that yields the required competencies
- 7 years’ professional finance and accounting experience.
- Work experience with a multinational organization.
- Experience with Accounts Payable
- Prefer: Work experience in international Finance and Accounting
- Prefer: Work experience with Microsoft dynamics navigation (Serenic) financial systems
- Prefer: Work experience with government grants and contracts
- Travel required (5% or less)
- Uses cellular and desk phone; laptop or desktop computer
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)