Senior Fleet Controller (Tanzania)
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, United Republic of
ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
- Maintain absolute customer focus, keeping the customer fully informed on progress and to effectively manage their expectations through accurate tracking reports and constant liaison which is relevant, reliable, reactive and convenient.
- Deal with customer complaints rapidly and professionally in liaison with the Key Account Holder / Business Development
- Accurate Journey Management financial control and planning ensuring timely cash flow to drivers and all associated service providers.
- Accurate fuel allocation and accounting in accordance with Company Procedures.
- Ensure drivers are correctly briefed, managed and lead throughout the journey and all security and risks are assessed. Ensure you do all that is reasonably practicable to avoid, remove or mitigate unacceptable risk.
- Ensure clear and concise vehicle fault reporting, ensure immediate and thorough accident/incident investigations are carried out.
- Diligent driver management, ensuring driver KPIs are accurately assessed and recorded, while ensuring all areas for improvement are fully investigated and rectified in accordance with company procedures
- Trip monitoring and vehicle tracking is to be carried out diligently and consistently, ensuring there are no avoidable delays and drivers are well informed on their progress and adherence to the journey management plan.
- SAP and TMS online management systems are to be correctly completed, accurately updated and timely
- Ensure all trips are legally compliant, all documentation requirements are met and documentation required for invoicing are processed correctly
- Line Manager for your assigned Assistant Fleet Manager: ensuring strong leadership, effective management and appropriate delegation. Compile x2 assessment reports on performance for management review.
- Serving as a general assistant to the Operations Manager seeking continual improvement and promoting best practice amongst the operations team as well as Assist Key Account Managers to seek cargo for the fleet. Ensure you establishing reliable contacts for clearance, government and clients
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- A minimum of University Graduate Degree in any relevant discipline or equivalent vocational experience in Transport / Logistics service support
- LEAN SIX SIGMA (Desirable)
- Project Management (Desirable)
- Business Management (Desirable)
- Safety Management (Desirable)
- Leadership skills to motivate and inspire team members
- Clear communication skills ensuring clear and candid information
- Strong management skills ensuring efficient use of resources
- Computer Literacy to effectively operate and manipulate online management systems
- Faultless administration skills ensuring accurate and efficient procedures
- Problem solving skills to ensure obstacle to progress are overcom