Senior Program and Coordination Manager
Good Neighbors is an international humanitarian development NGO founded in Korea in 1991. It was granted General Consultative Status from the United Nations Economic and Social Council (UN ECOSOC). The aim is to make the world a place without hunger, where people live together in harmony. In Tanzania it was officially established on 2005 and our efforts work towards creating environment where children’s rights are protected and sustainable development of communities through empowerment, leadership and ownership.
Good Neighbors Tanzania is looking for individuals to join our highly motivated team in the following roles
Position: Senior Program and Coordination Manager
*Project: Enhancing the Quality of Secondary School Education through a holistic approach, Zanzibar, Tanzania (EQSSE-Z) funded by KOICA.
Reports to: Project Manager
Location: Kinazini – Zanzibar
Contract Duration: 1 Year (Renewable subject to funding availability and performance)
Good Neighbors Tanzania – Zanzibar Area Office (GNTZ-ZAO) is implementing the KOICA project mentioned above, in order to provide better teaching and learning in secondary schools through learner-centered pedagogy in classrooms, strengthen teacher support services, improve learning environments, and conduct greater community engagement through school- based monitoring in Zanzibar. Therefore, GNTZ-ZAO would like to invite a talented and experienced person who can work together with us in a passionate way.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support Project Manager in overall management of the project including project planning, implementation and reporting; coordinating and leading partners; supervising members of the project team.
- Support the leadership of Project Manager through active participation in the management team, contribute to the promotion of GNTZ policies and standards; foster effective staff relations, motivation and accountability
- Under supervision of Technical Advisor and Project Manager, execute and monitor project activities such as in-service training for teachers, capacity building for teacher centres, community engagement/social behavior change
- Coordinate resources between multiple activities and manage cross-functional meetings with team leads and staff.
- Prepare project related documents and update project plans and status
- Allocate appropriate resources to ensure efficiency of project
- Coordinate as necessary with various stakeholders including government officials, community partners and other stakeholders
- Foster intra- and inter-unit linkages and synergies within GNTZ-ZAO, undertake joint activities where appropriate, support MEL and ADM units managers to succeed in their
- Actively learn from MEL and other partners and seek alternatives to 1) improve project performance and output quality
Qualification, Experiences and Competencies
- Degree in Education, Project Management or any other relevant (Master’s Degree is an added advantage)
- Work experience of 7 years+ in this field (including planning, desigining and operating capacity-building or training program for project with a budget more than 1 million USD).
- Fluency in both English and Swahili and good communication
- Excellent skills in the use of Microsoft Excel and MS
- Report writing, project planning, time
- Problem solving and critical thinking
- Good interpersonal
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain effective working relations with government personnel, stakeholders, NGO partners, and international donor agencies.
- Ability to multi-task, work well under pressure, improvise, flexibility, adaptability to
- Sincerity, patience, tact and the ability to earn the trust of others
- Good motivational and organizational skills
- Perform other duties as required
All applications should be sent with enclosed cover letter (addressed to Country Director, Good Neighbors Tanzania, O. Box 33104, Dar es Salaam), detailed curriculum vitae containing complete names and addresses (postal, email, phone), together with names and contact details of three referees to: E-mail: email@example.com
All applicants should provide current contact information of their
Deadline for application is not later than 28th November,
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted through their active mobile numbers and emails
Good Neighbors Tanzania will not be responsible for transport or/and accommodation during the interview, there will be no refund for the expenses incurred.