Dar es Salaam
Access Microfinance Bank Tanzania Limited (AMBT) is a Microfinance Bank with very strong international shareholders.
Senior Risk and Compliance Officer (1 post)
Senior Risk and Compliance Officer is responsible for leading team in implementation of risk and compliance strategy. The individual will play key role in identification of current and emerging risks, risk assessment, propose controls, monitor the risk positions against approved risk tolerance limits and reporting. The person will assist to train/raise risk awareness among employees; facilitate AML activities within the bank; conduct portfolio quality review for bank’s lending business and investigation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze risk across the bank’s operational, financial and compliance risk and assist Risk & Compliance Senior Manager in managing those risks with focus on key risk indicators, business unit risk profile, and risk monitoring and reporting, o Ensure the assigned team conducts monitoring review of all key risk areas, conduct independent reviews/checks to business units, operations, alternative channels, back office and other support functions on compliance with Internal and external regulations.
- Conduct a gap analysis of the bank’s compliance to laws and regulations governing banking operations in Tanzania, assist to prepare risk management plans for bank’s compliance to country laws and legislations, and internal procedures and policies.
- Ensure adequate information exchange among team, keep the risk and compliance team up to date with relevant strategic developments of the Bank.
- Maintain whistle-blowers with confidentiality and conduct all investigation related with fraud, corruption, waste, embezzlement and abuse and ensure timely fulfilment of assignments within the time limits allocated, o Prepare risk materials for management Risk Committee, and follow on the implementation of agreed actions during management committee; and ensure risk and audit findings are closed on time.
- Assist to ensure additional operational risks and controls are added to the operational risk and control universes on an on-going basis.
- Asses risks in new products, services, conduct periodic reviews on compliance and operational risk controls; submit review reports and follow-up with the business for timely closure of any identified risks/issues.
- Ensure all relevant market risks of the bank are identified, well understood, and adequately measured and assessed, nior Risk and Compliance Officer is responsible for leading team in implementation of risk and compliance strategy.
- The individual will play key role in identification of current and emerging risks, risk assessment, propose controls, monitor the risk positions against approved risk tolerance limits and reporting.
- The person will assist to train/raise risk awareness among employees; facilitate AML activities within the bank; conduct portfolio quality review for bank’s lending business and investigation.
Knowledge and qualifications:
- At least Bachelor degree or Advance Diploma, ideally with a focus in business/Accounting, Finance/Risk Management; relevant risk management professional qualification would be an added advantage.
- At least 4 years of banking experience in risk management/Compliance, audit, business/Credit operations and Audit Departments.
- Must have good communication & interpersonal skills, and able to produce quality reports.
- Honest person with high integrity and independence who will observe professional ethics in executing his/her duties
- Ability to prioritize tasks according to their importance for AMBT’s operations and strategic goals
- Ability and willingness to learn and improve continuously
- Willingness to travel to customer sites and bank’s branches in Tanzania.
How To Apply
Applications can be made through: email@example.com
DO NOT send applications more than once. Interested applicants can submit their application letter and CV not later than 16th August 2023.
Access Microfinance Bank Tanzania Limited is an equal opportunities employer.