Service Desk Administrator (Fixed Term 2 Years) at NMB Bank
Job Location :
Head Office, Hq
- To provide first line technical support to internal staff including branches and Head Office departments on the problems pertaining to the system use and all other banking operations issues during operation.
- The position requires an aptitude for working with applications / systems to undertake analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of staff problems, which may range from straightforward to more complicated operational and technical issues.
- To help and quickly resolve small, repetitive, or easy-to-manage customer issues and this includes basic troubleshooting, recording user requests, attending user’s phone calls and resolving basic operational, and system use issues encountered by users on a day-to-day basis.
- Perform moderator roles and monitor our multiple support channels, including Service Desk tool, phone, email, live chat, social media.
- Handle routine enquiries and solving basic issues faced by customers by providing detailed support process information, and fulfilling user’s requests that need IT involvement.
- Follow up on any new requests received from our internal customers and transfer to either Incidents or
- Requests Management team for further processing where it is required.
- If no solution is available or the issue needs more access privilege, then escalate those incidents to a higher tier for support (Incident Analysts)
- Take ownership of user problems, follow up the status of problems on behalf of the user, and communicate progress in a timely manner.
- Maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles.
- Solve frequently occurring problems such as knowledge issues and aid users in the use of multiple applications used at Branches and Head Office.
- Work with System Development team and understand the new products and systems and ensure the right support is provided throughout the transition period.
- Educate system users on how to solve minor operational problems.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Exceptional customer service orientation
- Ability to explain solutions to users who do not have a technical background
- Experience in IT support to customers
- Problem solving skills
- Team collaboration skills – Routinely work with other IT personnel to resolve user issues
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related discipline
- Excellent technical and computer skills
- Software development skills will be an added advantage
- At least 1 – 2 years working experience in Banking or Telecommunications environment preferably in Service Desk or Contact Centre.
NMB Bank Plc is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and achieving a gender balanced workforce.
Female candidates and people living with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
NMB Bank Plc does not charge any fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Job closing date : 18-Aug-2023
How To Apply