Store Officer (1) Medical Teams International
|Department:||Operations||Grey Sections to be completed by Human Resources.|
|Reports to (position):||Logistics & Procurement Manager||Org. Reporting Line:|
|Workdays & Number of scheduled hours per week:
|Monday-Friday, 40-45 hours/week, occasional weekends and public holidays||FLSA:||N/A|
|Full Time or Part Time||Full Time|
|Position Type:||Regular Employee||EEO Job Class:||N/A|
|Travel:||Frequently Travel to health facilities||Last Update:||21/04/2021|
|If Manager of Staff: Number (and Titles) of Direct Reports:||N/A||Total # of Staff in Team/Department under management of this position:||N/A|
Medical Teams International Calling:
Daring to love like Jesus, we boldly break barriers to health and restore wholeness in a hurting world.
Responsible for managing all operations of the regional store including ordering, receipt, warehousing, transportation and distribution of medical supplies, food items, equipment and other materials. Provides technical supervision to all regional Store Assistants and collaborates with the Medical Coordinator to ensure adequate stock levels in regional store.
- Provide supervision to all regional Store Assistants by training in and monitoring of the implementation of MTI store policies and procedures; conduct spot checks on the stock count of Health Facility stores
- Utilize Unit 4 ERP system to submit order requests for approval by the Medical Coordinator to ensure the adequate supply of goods and medicines in line with budget restrictions
- Responsible for receiving requisitions from head of departments, picking and packing goods in the stores, and liaising with Fleet Assistant to arrange vehicle to make deliveries to the Health Facility stores
- Track all movements of goods in and out of regional store, including checking deliveries of goods against invoices for quality and quantity
- Perform monthly physical stock count of the regional store; perform reconciliation with paper files and as required in ERP system to ensure compliance with stock level agreements; follow up with supervisor and Medical Coordinator in regard to discrepancies, alarm thresholds, stock outs and expiry dates
- Collect data from Store Assistants and prepare reports according to schedule
- Ensure all goods are stored and packed safely and securely and easily identifiable
- Check the received cold boxes and control the cold chain as instructed by the Medical Coordinator/ Pharmacy Technician
- Maintain an efficient filing system for all documentation related to stores and enter information into ERP system as required
- Organise the manual loading and unloading of vehicles, as needed
- Reduce waste by maximizing the re-utilization of goods returned to store
- Ensure store health and safety procedures are understood and followed by all persons in the store
- Responsible for the security and cleanliness of interior and exterior of store
- Control regional store access to authorized personnel and ensuring doors and other exits are secured; immediately inform supervisor of any problems arising in the course of the work, particularly with regard to damage, loss, attempted break-ins or theft in the store
- Support safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Child & Vulnerable Adult protection, and harassment-free workplace policies.
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, LICENSES, & CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree of Pharmacy
- Additional training in Stores Management or Supply Chain Management is required
- 3 years of experience in store management and storage of medical items and equipment, inclusive of 1 year of supervisory experience is required
- Experience working with INGOs is an added advantage
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- In-depth knowledge of store management
- Knowledge of ERP systems
- Skilled at using ERP systems to manage inventory
- Skilled at coordinating transport logistics for delivery
- Skilled at using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Highly organized with good quantitative ability and attention to detail
- A good command of both written and spoken English
- Ability to learn about medicine management and cold chain management
- Ability to act with integrity and ensure security of store goods
- Keen interest to mentor others
- Must be physically fit with ability to lift heavy boxes
- Ability to maintain detailed records with high accuracy
- Ability to support MTI Calling and adhere to the MTI Code of Conduct
This position requires frequent travel to health facilities located in remote areas with very basic living conditions.
NOTE: The above job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by staff assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of staff in this position. Duties, responsibilities and skills are also subject to change based on the changing needs of the job, department or organization. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by Medical Teams International as the requirements of the job change.
- All interested applicants who meet the criteria should email their application letter and CV in either PDF or Word only, including three work related referee to: email@example.com
- Indicate your expected salary, current/previous salary, and notice period at the bottom of your CV.
- Indicate clearly the position applied for in the subject line” Store Officer”.
- Application Deadline: 07th of February 2022 at 1700HRS.
The post Store Officer at Medical Teams International January, 2022 appeared first on 2022/2023 Mabumbe.