Strategic Project Coordinator- Impact
Reporting line: Head of Impact
Location: Ethiopia, India, Kenya and Tanzania (Global)
Contract: 12 months Fixed Term Contract
Who we are
Girl Effect is an international non-profit that builds media that girls want, trust and need.
From chat-bots to chat-shows and TV dramas to tech, our content is reaching millions of girls in Africa and Asia to make choices and changes in their lives. Igniting their confidence to act differently at a time that can define their future.
We create safe spaces for girls, sharing facts, and answering questions about health, nutrition, education, relationships and so much more. And we use innovative technology so we can reach girls at scale. We arm girls with the skills to negotiate and redefine what they are told is possible, so every girl can choose to be in control of her body, her health, her learning and livelihood.
When a girl unlocks her power to make different choices that change her life, it inspires others to do so too. She starts a ripple effect that impacts her family, her community, her country. That’s the Girl Effect.
Context of the role
In the coming months Girl Effect has an ambitious roadmap of two large global research studies as well as their normal stream of research implementation across Africa and South Asia. The Global Impact team is responsible for quantitative, qualitative or digital research projects from start to finish, which includes design, set up, implementation, analysis, and reporting. Within this position, the successful candidate will wear a number of hats and speak to different roles, as they support aspects coordinating research with internal team members and external partner. This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated problem solver who is excited to work with a multi-disciplinary and high performing team.
What you will do
- Attend all meetings of Impact, noting new tasks that arise and ensuring that they are prioritised and assigned to the right person, with agreed-upon timelines that you check up on
- Assist in the management of incoming creative briefs and requests by assessing the urgency and importance of the requests, building a pipeline of work and help in resourcing the team towards briefs and projects
- Regularly review the objectives and key indicators of the Impact team and flag potential issues or delays, working with the Head of Impact and/or relevant Senior Managers to troubleshoot where necessary.
- Able to perform literature review searches upon request and familiar with utilizing research databases for scientific writings
Impact Team Coordination
- Manage the Create channel on Slack, posting and updating on ongoing projects
- Take note of any news or environmental changes in our markets that might affect our programs, teams, and future work and ensure the team is up to date on these channels.
- Help coordinate the Impact team rituals both global and with our local Create teams. Prepare for these meetings beforehand, setting up agendas, facilitating them and taking note of actions.
- Suggest new tools, systems and processes that could improve coordination and communication for our teams (is there a new Slack plugin we should be using? Is there a new presentation tool we should try out?)
- Help tell the story of Impact finding and capturing communication moments of Impact’s success and learnings to share with the wider Girl Effect team and leadership.
Who you are
- A curious and enthusiastic learner who loves to dive into a topic to learn as much as you can as quickly as you can
- An strong communicator and confident writer who strives for clarity and simplicity
- A visually sensitive person who is able to provide helpful creative feedback or to construct intelligently organised slides and documents with a clear hierarchy
- An organiser who enjoys getting things done and making sure others do the same
- A critical thinker and proactive problem solver
- A collegial individual able to fit into a dynamic international team with various roles and responsibilities
- Committed to our mission to inspire and equip girls to make life-changing decisions
Minimum experience required
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years full-time work experience with project management responsibilities
- Experience working in the research, programs or non-profit sectors
- Experience working with clients or external stakeholders is a plus
- Experience working in sub-Saharan Africa or South Asia, even multiple countries in these regions, is highly desirable
- Experience or a willingness to get experienced fairly quickly with our internal tools including Google docs, Slack, Trello and Miro
- Solid presentation skills that extend across Keynote, Powerpoint Miro, and Google Slides
- Comfort and basic proficiency using content management systems
- Proficiency in Swahili, Hindi or French would be a plus
What else you should know
As we continue to scale and grow – we are hugely ambitious for our future and we are looking for people who are driven to change the world for girls.
Our teams are a diverse mix across sectors (non-profit and commercial) and specialisms (from Brand and Creative through to Gender and Insight). You’ll learn and grow in an environment that will challenge you to think and work with a fresh perspective. In turn, you can expect to work somewhere where you will be stretched and developed in your role, a place where you can build your career and work with talented, engaged people committed to our cause.
Girl Effect is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We are committed to building an organization that is increasingly representative of the communities that we serve. To this end, due regard will be paid to recruiting candidates with diverse professional, academic and cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all those we work with and for, especially children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment, uphold standards in our safeguarding policy and our code of conduct. In particular:
● To take reasonable steps to prevent any harm caused by Girl Effect
● To report any safeguarding concerns through the reporting pathways
This role is subject to a standard background disclosure.
Applications close on 14th March 2022
How to apply
Please head over to our website here to apply by the 14th of March 2022
The post Strategic Project Coordinator- Impact at Girl Effect March, 2022 appeared first on 2022/2023 Mabumbe.