Technical Advisor at CVPeople Tanzania
CVPeople Tanzania | Full time
Dar es salaam, Tanzania | Posted on 08/07/2023
The Technical Advisor (TA) role is a key role in the Commercial & lubes organization supporting the growth agenda of Commercial (B2B & B2C) fuels and lubricants in the mining and non-mining sectors e.g. Construction, Power, Transport, Industry, Marine and Agriculture. This role is responsible for all aspects of business technical within company Operating Unit (OU), drives and supports the development and implementation of technical programs that will enable the achievement of: volume growth, market penetration, brand health and financial targets.
- Deliver excellent technical support to the country OU: technical advice to all sectors (with a focus on B2B & mining) and key OEM as well as company sales & marketing force on the use of the Lubricant portfolio & Fuels products in order to best exploit the technical attributes of products and services to commercial advantage to secure more business and troubleshoot any technical issues within the area of responsibility.
- Lead, on the field, the implementation of services and value improvements agreed with customers, including regional account to ensure recurrent and better customers satisfaction.
- Support sales & Marketing teams on working on tenders, offers and presentations to customers & prospects.
- Lead assigned technical projects & initiatives: field performance trials & confirmations with prospects & customers, facilitate training internally & externally, new Customer Value Proposition (CVP) developments, services implementations, Demonstrated Value Record (DVR) generation.
- Ensure alignment with Sales Teams & stakeholders on activities to conduct to ensure better customer satisfaction & position of company as preferred partner trusted to deliver value.
- Drive technology leadership in the assigned OU for both fuels & lubes.
- Success in this role will require a close relationship & collaboration with various company teams’ sales & marketing at both Central & the assigned OU level.
- Develop technical networks, facilitate appropriate communications internally & externally;
- Support proactively competence development of all Sales & Marketing staff including onboarding of new account manager and technical staff;
- Promote and organize technical staff specific sector conferences/seminars to enhance Technology Leadership towards key customers and prospects;
- Train direct Sales/Marketing staff to develop their expertise on Cross-Sell /Up sell, services offerings as well as tailored training packages per sector and per Customers
- Liaise with company Product Line Manager (PLM) for product portfolio issues as appropriate. Support portfolio harmonization process and assist company PLM/Marketing in implementing the core portfolio and withdrawing non-appropriate grades.
- Participate in meetings & Forums (sector Forums) & key players to support regional & key accounts
- Conduct field visits to customers & prospects in line with sales plans.
- Work hand in hand with central team members to develop new generation CVPs for lubes & fuels.
- Solve customer application problems & any technical related issues.
- Transfer knowledge of customer application & local field problems.
- Provide intelligence on new equipment, technical trends & competitor product application in the market.
- Trouble shoot any potential issue related to product and/or application.
- Work closely with local Sales and Global Accounts who have the ‘ownership’ of the customers, to provide appropriate technical support to maintain and gain business in line with the business strategy.
- Carry out joint and solo visits (with knowledge of C4C) to new and existing customers providing technical proposals/assistance to generate sales opportunities, with both existing and new products.
- Drive cross/up-sales opportunities as well as tailored training packages per sector & per Customers where required.
- Refer complex technical issues to the Africa Technical Lead and / or to Technical Advisors network for resolution, working with them to ensure issue is completed satisfactorily, with local customer follow up by the Technical staff as necessary.
Knowledge and Responsibilities
- Good capabilities in leading and developing teams.
- Strong commercial & marketing acumen.
- Degree in engineering, mechanical, chemistry or comparable technical background skills.
- Experience in front line technical environment.
- Experience in a customer-facing role.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Have engineering knowledge in the oil industry or transport, or related discipline.
- Good Deliver through others competency.
How To Apply