Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit a Technical and Capital Officer to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and on a practical note the position require to clarify technical specifications with the end users. Identify and recommend source of supply for stock, not-stock and capital items. And advise supply chain on all issues related to technical requirements.
Reporting to: Demand and supply Superintendent
- Ensure safe work practices, i.e. attending compulsory safety courses and meetings, use of required PPE, incident/accident reporting and ensuring total adherence to all Safety, Occupational Health and Environmental Policies, as well as other relevant policies, procedures and guidelines
- Develop and manage demand plan for capital materials and equipment requirement in collaboration with end users and projects team
- Evaluate all once-off engineering/capital item RFQs to ensure that there is no similar item and establish if it should be a stock item.
- Interact with potential suppliers for capital equipment to correctly specify the item and finalise item specifications
- Document all necessary information that will clearly define the specification to the procurement partner with the recommended suppliers.
- In collaboration with logistics expedite all capital purchased items and ensure quality controls.
- Undertake review role for all changes proposed to existing stock items or new items by end users to ensure that there is cost benefit and that there is a phase out plan
- On receiving engineering/capital item ensure that the item complies with specification
- Investigate all non-conformances and ensure corrective action is taken
- Maintain all the information related to no-stock items on ERP System
- Validate progress for milestone payments for capital items
- Ensure proper long term maintenance/storage procedure for technical stock items
- Work with Mining, Engineering and Capital projects to clearly specify requirements and build clear specifications and descriptions on ERP system
- To create and maintain good relationships with end-users (customers) and to respond to customer queries on time
- Tertiary education in Engineering and or Supply Chain management
- Technical board’s certification will be an added advantage
- 5-10 Years of work experience in a mining or related environment
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills
- Demonstrate excellent ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Ability to prioritize work on own initiative
- Have a detailed understanding of planned preventive maintenance systems
- Knowledge on basic MS Office applications – Outlook, Excel and Word in etc.
- Communication skills
- Customer service skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
If you are not contacted by Barrick – Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 21st February 2022
BEWARE OF FRAUDULENT ACTIVITIES! BGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling Toll-Free Number +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com
The post Technical and Capital Officer at Bulyanhulu Gold Mine February, 2022 appeared first on 2022/2023 Mabumbe.