Technical Officer, Biomedical Services Job Opportunity at FHI 360
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization based in North Carolina.
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff include experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries. Currently, we are seeking suitably qualified candidates to fill in Technical Officer Biomedical Services– Arusha for its EpiC project in Tanzania.
Technical Officer, Biomedical Services Job Opportunity at FHI 360
The Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (EpiC) is a 5-year global project funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), dedicated to achieving and maintaining HIV epidemic control. The project provides strategic technical assistance and direct service delivery to break through barriers to 95-95-95 and promote self-reliant management of national HIV programs by improving HIV case-finding, prevention, and treatment programming. In Tanzania, EpiC will be implementing an HIV service delivery project among key and priority populations, adolescent girls and young women; and orphans and vulnerable children which aims to reduce HIV infections in pursuit of reaching 95-95-95 goals. To achieve this goal, the program will support targeted prevention and case finding strategies at community level amongst the targeted populations.
- Providing technical support in the implementation and expansion of integrated quality HIV/FP services to both key populations (KPs) and vulnerable populations (VPs), designated health facilities near hotspots, and through mobile/outreach services, index testing, partner notification, HIVST and Prep.
- Responsible for the overall management of clinical service provision at site level including point of care CD4 testing and contribute to the systematization and establishment of referrals/linkages with HIV/AIDS care and treatment and other services.
- Providing oversight in the provision of HIV counseling and testing services, TB, GBV, alcohol and drug screening and referrals, HIVST, PreP, care and treatment referrals and provision of adherence counseling for KVPs with HIV.
- Also collaborating with the family planning leads to ensure quality and safe delivery of family planning services at designated sites, using both short and long-acting FP methods.
- Act as main overseer of all clinical care related services for KVPs, including addressing the health needs of KVPs PLHIVs; and collaborating with MOHSW, care and treatment implementers, home-based care partners, and communities to support KVPs’ retention within HIV prevention and treatment continuum and connecting clinical services to KVPs at home.
- Lead the coordination, supervision and provision of HIV testing and Services (HTS), HIVST, PreP, Recency testing, family planning service provision, linkages to care and treatment support, and referrals to GBV, TB,
- STI and other biomedical services at mobile sites, index homes and partner notification modalities as well as support the MOHSW in selected health facilities.
- Train staff and community health workers on clinical management and integration of HIV, Prep, FP, TB screening, and STIs
- Ensure all clinical procedures at health facilities and mobile outreaches follow national guidelines and protocols developed by the MOHSW.
- Provide on-going coaching, mentoring and hands-on supervision to clinicians in mobile outreach, index testing and partner notification modalities and health facilities
- Lead the process of developing protocols and standard operating procedures for referrals and case management of HIV+ KVP.
- Ensure linkages of KVPs to other behavior and structural services which facilitate positive protective behaviors
- Provide technical assistance and participate in supportive supervision of clinical staff to ensure quality health care delivery; support the MOHSW to do the same in select sites
- Provide technical support in development and writing of concepts and proposals, for research and documentation of activities.
- Train community counselors on standards- and competency–based training in HIV, HIVST, PreP FP, community and adherence counseling, patient advocacy (including for GVB), case management and partners tracing
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports relating to curative and preventive clinical activities; assist in preparation of annual proposal and progress reports as per donor requirements.
- Technical Officer, Biomedical Services Job Opportunity at FHI 360
- MD Degree with 1-3 years of relevant experience in the provision of community-based biomedical and KVP-focused clinical services; OR Master’s degree in public health, nursing; MBA with 3 to 5 years of relevant experience; OR Bachelor’s Degree in nursing or clinical officer with 5 to 7 years of relevant experience.
- Robust clinical experience in HIV/AIDS testing and counseling, care and treatment, and family planning.
- Excellent written, presentation, communication and organizational skills in both English and Kiswahili
- Demonstrated experience in clinical training and mentoring
- The ability to liaise with senior MOHSW officials from national, regional and district level and representatives of NGOs/ CBOs.
- Demonstrated in-depth understanding of Tanzania healthcare system, particularly the public health system.
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- At least 5 years demonstrated experience working in HIV prevention and treatment, and family planning.
How to Apply:
FHI 360 has a competitive compensation package. Interested candidates may apply online by uploading CV/Resume, Cover letter, Photocopies of Certificates and Names and Addresses of three (3) referees
FHI 360 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.