Karibu Tena Tours & Safaris
Karibu Tena facilitates authentic, meaningful interactions with the people, places, and culture of Tanzania.
About Karibu Tena Tours & Safaris
Karibu Tena facilitates authentic, meaningful interactions with the people, places, and culture of Tanzania. We provide world-class safaris to the country’s national parks, trekking expeditions of Mount Kilimanjaro, and holidays in Zanzibar. However, the fundamental goal of the company is to eliminate poverty throughout the country, and we participate in this mission by providing generous benefits to our local employees and a profit-sharing agreement with Selfless Solutions, a nonprofit organization focused on empowering the people of Tanzania.
We are looking for an Operations Manager to oversee and execute the daily activities of our company to our high standards of excellence. As we are a new company, the Operations Manager will be expected to directly handle many different parts of our growing business. Ideal candidates will have the capacity to grow into an executive role where they would be managing other team members and help set and implement the overall company strategy.
Required skills and qualifications
- 1+ year experience working in tourism industry in Tanzania
- Bachelor degree or higher
- Fluent in Swahili
- Mastery of the English language
- Strong IT skills, including ability to quickly learn and utilize software programs at a high-level
- Strong understanding of customer service excellence and ability to provide to clients
- Creative and proactive. Constantly looking for ways to improve and to grow the business
Main Duties of Position
- Responding to and managing inbound client inquiries
- Business development – creating and implementing initiatives to bring in new clients
- Manage online platforms (Safari Bookings, Trip Advisor, etc.)
- Schedule clients and make booking arrangements (lodges, guides, etc.)
- Assist with client coordination and service while they are in-country.
- Tour Operations Manager Job Vacancy at Karibu Tena Tours & Safaris
Other Responsibilities & Activities
- Overseeing and executing all daily activities required to run and grow the business.
- Ensuring that every client is completely satisfied with their experience, from initial contact through after-sales care and feedback.
- Identifying and executing new sales and distribution strategies.
- Responding to potential clients, discussing packages/services, and closing sales.
- Staying on top of industry trends to quickly identify new opportunities and ways to innovate.
- Creating and maintaining processes for continual quality improvement.
How To Apply
To Apply, please email both your CV and a cover letter to: email@example.com
The job applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.