Safari – Tourism Sales Manager
Summary: First Class Africa (FCA) is The Premier Provider of African Experience. We are a vibrant resilient fast growing team who imagine and do things differently. We have re-imagined the African tourism and hospitality delivery model and are now looking for an energetic, creative, entrepreneurial, trustworthy, outgoing, customer-centric, passionate, experienced and savvy Tanzanian sales superstar as our next Tourism Sales Manager. Tourism Sales Manager would be responsible for leading the aggressive development and implementation of local and international sales strategies and tactics with the objective of attracting tourists to use FCAs’ services. This exceptional individual must possess excellent sales, networking and communication skills in customer relations, be aggressive in targeting new business and strive to consistently exceed established sales goals. The work is independent, demanding but also rewarding and is for someone who does not need to be told what to do to get things done.
First Class Africa is headquartered in Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania with an extended team from the United States of America (USA).
Job Title: Safari – Tourism Sales Manager
Start Date: As soon as possible
Compensation: base salary plus competitive sales commission/performance incentives
Additional Perks: An opportunity to learn best international business practices, potential domestic and international travels, opportunity for career growth and other fringe benefits over time
Location: Dar Es Salaam or Arusha
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- These duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual assigned to this position. They are not intended to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and/or skills required. Other tasks may be assigned as needed.
- Working closely with company’s senior management, you will be charged with creating and executing company’s domestic and international tourism sales plan. You will report directly to the company’s senior management. Your responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Providing top-line industry leadership and management of all tourism sales activities within the company, including: participation in annual budget preparation and management; researching and fully developing market segment targets; development and execution of sales campaigns, and industry interaction.
- Hiring, managing, and training sales staff
- Developing and implementing company-wide executable tourism sales training program
- Effectively managing sales circle to individuals or organizations, consistent with company standards while achieving optimal financial results
- Identifying growth opportunities, soliciting, negotiating and booking new and repeat business through various efforts in order to maximize company’s revenue and meet/or exceed individual and team sales goals
- Responsible for development of safari marketing projects and/or activities including merchandising, special event promotion, industry awareness promotion and familiarization tours and site visit development
- Developing and continually enhancing relationships with key stakeholders, business and travel industry accounts, community organizations and professional associations to maintain high visibility and increase FCA’s market share
- Partnering with social media team to develop marketing campaigns and help drive company’s online presence
- Maintaining positive and cooperative working relationships with travel partners, airlines, local hotels and tourist attractions managers, hotels GMs/Directors of Sales and other members of the hospitality industry on coordinated sales efforts
- Tracking and reporting all daily sales activities including goal-to-current production status while also performing general clerical duties including correspondence, typing, filing, and copying
- Preparing sales proposals/ detailed safari itineraries (start to finish) for clients incorporating clearly defined terms and conditions
- Recommending sales strategies, process, services, and product improvements to both senior management and FCAs strategic partners to fully capture target markets
- Evaluating promotional events, trade shows, community, industry events etc to make sure attendance produces the proper return on investment
- Attending and participating in domestic/international trade shows, exhibitions, industry meetings, sales efforts, bid presentations, sales calls and other marketing events to promote FCA
- Accurately maintaining clients database and tracking sales leads, inquiries, lost business, sales revenue, and provide ongoing status reports to the senior management
- Generating leads, monitoring leads, responding to all leads in a timely manner (same day), producing performance reports and maintaining a tourism and event calendar
- Working in partnership with other departments to deliver outstanding experiences to clients
- Perform other duties as directed, developed, or assigned by the senior management from time to time
- At least three years of similar sales experience in hospitality, tourism, destination management organization, tourism-related entity or appropriate field is a must. No “on job training” will be offered. You are expected to perform your job effectively on the first day
- Proven consistent tourism sales experience and aptitude to deliver superior results within tight time frames without close supervision
- Passionate and have verifiable track record of selling safari/tourism/other wildlife packages domestically and internationally
- Well established, strong relationships with the international and domestic travel trade
- Awareness of marketing practices and strategies, marketing experience or experience collaborating with marketing teams
- Proof of relationships with lodging owners, tour vendors and guides across Tanzania
- Adapt rapidly to evolving market dynamics and continue to maintain FCA’s competitive position
- Should possess excellent organizational, promotional and communication skills along with the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Must set daily priorities and handle multiple assignments and be willing to get involved in projects with varying degrees of difficulty
- Extensive knowledge of all major tourist destinations across Tanzania
- Skillful at marketing and selling the destinations
- Ability to make verbal presentations to groups of various sizes
- Valid Tanzanian’s driver’s license and must know how to drive different type of vehicles
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in both Swahili and English with an emphasis on persuasion, negotiation and generating action
- Should be able to prepare appropriate reports, correspondence, memoranda, agreements and budget projections in a professional manner
- A successful candidate must also be competent to make critical decisions and be comfortable in a high-energy, service-oriented pressured environment and be able to manage multiple functions and priorities
- High level of attention to detail and robust analytical and problem-solving skills
- Serve as company’s public relations representative to travel, tourism, corporate travel professionals, travel industry associations and events to promote and drive business to FCA
- Be an active member of industry and networking organizations
- Established accuracy, time management skills and detail-orientation
- Uniforms/Clean/Polished appearance is required
- Embodies an innate passion for learning
- Knowledge of standard office practices and procedures
- Some evening hours or weekend days will be required in addition to special event coverage in order to meet job requirements
- Formal courses or training in nature/wildlife management/hospitality or similar training highly advantageous
A college degree, diploma or equivalent training AND specific verifiable experience in tourism/safari sales are required.
Technical Skills: Knowledge of computers, CRM, advertising, internet, various social media platforms, Microsoft Office Suite, third party applications, willingness to learn new systems, cold calling and promotional skills as well as a level of confidence with numbers (sales, costs, margins) is required. The successful candidates should be able to read and understand maps, reports and graphs.
How To Apply
Are we speaking your language? If so, please email your CV AND cover letter (clearly articulating your previous sales accomplishments) in confidence to email@example.com with subject line: Safari – Tourism Sales Manager. Due to the anticipated response, we thank you for your application and apologize in advance that we will only be able to communicate with those individuals selected for further consideration. However, rest assured that all submissions will be reviewed. No phone calls please.
Job Type: Full-time
Closing date for Applications: 18 February 2022
The post Tourism Sales Manager at First Class Africa February, 2022 appeared first on 2022/2023 Mabumbe.