Arusha & Mwanza
Wasoko (“people of the market” in Swahili) is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. We are East Africa’s biggest digitized retail distribution platform powered by our own in-house logistics network. Tens of thousands of informal retailers across five countries (Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, Uganda, and Zambia) use Wasoko to order everyday essential goods and receive working capital financing.
The informal retailers of Africa today are the primary if not the only channel used by consumers to purchase essential goods worth over $600 billion per year. The fragmented infrastructure across large land mass, distributed but diverse population and rather a smaller basket size spend does not yet lend themselves to big basket retail or mass consumer eCommerce. Instead, the informal retail ecosystem is THE channel for building the plumbing for digital and consumer commerce across Africa.
This is Wasoko’s opportunity. Wasoko with its brand, scale and logistics network is best positioned to build the technology-leveraged rails to serve the 1+ billion African consumers through informal retailers. We are building a digital-first operating system for informal retailers, initially focusing on B2B distribution but quickly incorporating other tools and services to help communities across Africa get more for less.
- Transport Dispatcher
- Arusha & Mwanza, Tanzania
Transport at Wasoko is a fun, fast-paced, agile and people-focused business. We believe in the motto ‘We win through our people.’
You will support and manage the Logistics team members in a branch, ensuring they have everything they need to achieve and maintain their optimal level of performance. At the same time, you will ensure that operational activities are in line with profit and cost targets, SOP and company policies.
This is a challenging role where you will have the opportunity to grow your career and be part of a strong team.
You must enjoy being part of a dedicated team working together to make a difference in the lives of our customers and employees in relevant and memorable ways.
If you are looking for a change and ready to make a difference .We are looking for you.
Reporting into: Transport Supervisor
If this sounds like a team you would like to join, keep reading.
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Ability to manage change processes
- You can work in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Subject matter expert in transport management, forward and reverse logistics, capacity and route planning
- Demonstrates an exceptional level of resourcefulness, creativity, ingenuity, and empathy
- Knowledge of best practices in managing B2B or B2C end-to-end transport processes.
- Experience to build last-mile transport capability with world-class safety and health policies, procedures, standards and culture.
- Manage wave scheduling, dispatch and routing
- Interpreting information from various stakeholders to determine the best course of action to promote delivery success
- Continuous training, monitoring, and coaching of 3PL delivery representatives/drivers
- Provide telephone support to drivers for reported emergencies and provide appropriate resources to assist with problems
- Develop a strong geographic understanding of operating markets, as well as the mix of business in each location and the individual driver fleets
- Communicate information and instructions to drivers (schedules, route changes, road conditions, accidents, emergencies, etc.) informing them of a variety of situations that may impact their scheduled services or deliveries
- Constantly verify the status of the capacity in your driver fleets to understand your coverage options before orders come into the system, not reacting to orders as they are placed
- Review driver route plans at the end of the day to ensure that reasons for failed deliveries are handled by the correct department and that recommendations made are linked to continuous customer service improvement measures
- Conduct route check-ins to ensure all information on product labels is accurate and complete when sorted to facilitate delivery
- Complete pre-screening calls for drivers before the start of operations or shift change to confirm availability
- Proactively tracking drivers throughout the day using GPS and dispatching tools, and contacting them by
- phone at regular intervals to ensure on-time delivery
- Work closely with the customer support team to ensure proactive communication with customers regarding delivery-related issues, questions, or clarifications
- Enter detailed information for delivery agents/drivers’ arrival and departure times and proof of failed delivery in real-time as they are completed
- Relevant tertiary education i.e. HND or B.Sc. in Supply Chain, Logistics, Transportation Management,
- Procurement, Business Development, Statistics or Engineering
- 2+ years’ experience in directly and indirectly managing people to deliver continuous improvement results
- You have in-depth knowledge of last mile logistics (transport best practices and processes – prior experience working with Loginext or equivalent highly desirable).
How To Apply