ADVERTISEMENT FOR VACANCY.
Tanzania Health Promotion Supports (THPS) is an indigenous NGO established under nongovernmental organization act No 24 of 2002 in 2011. THPS works in partnership with the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC), Regional Administration and Local Government (PORALG), Ministry of Home Affairs (MoHA) and Ministry of Health (MoH) in Zanzibar with a goal of ensuring accessible high-quality health care services to Tanzanians; through strengthening of health and community systems for comprehensive quality health services including HIV/AIDS; Tuberculosis; prevention of GBV; reproductive, maternal, neonatal, child, and adolescent health (RMNHCAH) services; laboratory systems and services and health management information systems (HIMS). THPS is currently seeking highly experienced, committed and motivated Tanzanians to fill the following vacant positions for the PEPFAR/CDC AFYA KWANZA HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment Program:
TITLE: Transport Lead
REPORTS TO: Finance and Administration Manager
LOCATION: Dar es salaam
OVERALL JOB FUNCTION:
Under the leadership of Finance and Administration Manager, the incumbent will be responsible to oversee the transportation Department ensuring THPS Vehicles and staff are operating smoothly and effectively.
- Coordinate, administer and monitor the maintenance, repair, replacement and logistics of the Organization Vehicles.
- Ensure preventive maintenance programs are carried out as per schedule and monitor past repair performance.
- Supervise and if necessary, undertake timely repair and servicing of damaged vehicles in order to minimize downtime.
- Manage the inventory of spares parts for vehicles, in coordination with the Supply Chain Manager in order to ensure an adequate supply of spares.
- Conduct analysis of vehicle status and make recommendations for timely replacement, including type of vehicles, spares etc in order to improve cost efficiency.
- Control transfer and movement of vehicles between project sites locations as required by Departments.
- Provide recommendations for lowering vehicle – operating expenses and reduce idle time of vehicles.
- Ensure all vehicles operation policies and systems are up to date and enforced within field operations.
- Regularly review and update vehicle fleet related policies at least once a year.
- Communicate regularly with project staff and teams to ensure commercial controls are in place, understood and followed at all times.
- Analyse maintenance costs and provide recommendation on fleet utilization and replacement.
- Ensure the maintenance records for all fleet and equipment’s are accurate and up to date
- In collaboration with Procurement and Logistics Manager, supervise the purchase of project vehicles, spare parts as well as tires.
- Supervise drivers, assign them work and appraise their performance.
- Manages transport department day to day operations, assesses risk and safety issues to ensure safe and efficient repairs to fleet and equipment’s.
- Collaborates with Human Resources Department for effective recruitment and orientation of Transport department employees.
- Assist in appraisal and selection of Transport service providers and make recommendations
- Maintain and enhance a positive culture and work environment for Transport department employees.
- Drive projects vehicles whenever needed.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor Degree in Logistics &Transport Management/ Transportation Engineering or Administration from a recognized University with 3 years’ experience in Fleet Management, mechanical Maintenance, preventive maintenance,
- A minimum of 7 years of experience of which two (2) years’ experience in a senior/supervisory level for candidates with Diploma/ Certificates in above mentioned subjects
- Holder of a class c driving license with clean records
- Tthorough knowledge of principles, practices, tools, equipment and materials for vehicle and equipment maintenance and fleet management.
- Ability to research and understand safety and risk management issues, and identify appropriate methods to address them.
- Highest level of maturity, professionalism and ability to maintain confidentiality Ability to work in an environment of pressing deadlines.
- Multi-tasking, self-motivated, energetic team player with a flexible and adaptable approach to works.
- Flexible to work after normal working hours and weekends at various community locations
- Ability to interact well with all targeted groups and peer volunteers by facilitating a nonjudgmental, non-discriminatory, and non-stigmatizing environment in the program, to welcome all beneficiaries regardless of their background
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send an email, email@example.com attaching their application cover letter one page maximum and CV four pages maximum by April 10th 2021 with a subject line Transport Lead Dar es salaam Region. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.
THPS is an equal opportunity employer; women and people living with HIV/AIDS are encouraged to apply. The deadline for submitting the application is 10 April 2021