Transport Manager Job Opportunity at Jhpiego
To supervise Jhpiego vehicle fleet and assist to oversee operations of the Transport Officer and drivers by ensuring safe and reliable transportation to program/administrative support services to Jhpiego projects and operations.
Application will be received by end of the day Augus 30th 2023.
- Manage, assign, and track use of daily vehicles as requested in the Tanzania office.
- Carry out and maintain monthly vehicle inspections to ensure vehicles have all the required tools, mileage is correctly recorded, and vehicles are in good running condition[roadworthiness]
- Track and provide accurate monthly vehicle inspection reports.
Submit to the Project Finance and administration director accurate monthly vehicles services, repair & maintenances cost report by 6th day of each month for the review before sending to the Senior Management Team (SMT)
- Submit to Project Finance and administration director and project finance team Leads the accurate weekly vehicles fuel use in liters and cost report every Monday and to the project
- SMTs by 6th day of each month.
- Daily follow up of service/repair status for vehicles in garages, immediately report to project finance and administration director in case of delay.
- Work with the transport officer to attend to all vehicles requests and manage Tanzania office drivers to ensure they use Jhpiego vehicles for official duties effectively.
- Lead the Inspection, ensure the standard and safety of the leased vehicles.
- Ensure effective use of the computerized fleet management System (CFMS) by producing.
- Weekly reports on Speed
- Weekly report on late parking
Manage monthly report from the CFMS which will include;
- Vehicle monthly usage
- Drivers’ performance
- Overs Speeding report
- Vehicle fueling report.
- Report any misuse of organization vehicles and/or any violation of organization vehicle policies and procedures to Project Finance and administration director.
- Prepare vehicles service schedules and ensure the bookings are made to dealers and respective vehicles are serviced/maintained as per required standard.
- Keep accurate record of service schedules and ensure that all vehicles serviced according to schedule as instructed by vehicle maker through service bulleting manual.
- Ensure that all vehicles are insured, registered, road worthy, have valid stickers and observe new legislations.
- Ensure accident reports are immediately sent to project finance and administration director and required documentation submitted to the Insurance Company on time for claim process.
- Ensure fuel card holders are complying with fuel management Standard Operating
- Procedures (SOPs) including timely fuel cards reconciliations.
- Conduct regular refresher trainings (at least quarterly) to drivers on vehicle and fuel use SOPs and other vehicle and fuel management procedures.
- Identify capacity building gaps within the transport unit staff and put in place required capacity building approaches as needed.
- Develop and maintain trackers for vehicles and fuel management for efficient operations of the fleet and fuel cards.
- Develop transport management related checklist to be used for reference when managing the vehicles, fuel cards and drivers’ behavior.
- Develop, manage, and maintain a risk matrix/register for transport related risks and ensure risk mitigation action plans are implemented in time.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor(s) for the efficient, effective, and economic use of office and non-office vehicles, motorcycles, and fuel cards.
- Bachelor’s degree in administration or Advanced Diploma in Automobile engineering/Mechanical engineering master’s degree in business administration is preferred with additional qualification on transport management preferable.
- Minimum 7 years work experience in transport management at managerial level
- Min 4 years in a USG funded organization in international development or related.
- Have a valid driving license of more than four years; the driving license should at least have the following classes: A, C1, C2, C3, D, E & G.
Skills and specifications:
- Knowledge of applicable local laws, regulations, rules, policies, and procedures, related to transportation and fleet management.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions.
- Knowledge of supervisory methods and techniques
- Skills in supervising, evaluating, training and motivating others.
- Skills in scheduling and prioritizing manpower and projects
- Proved experience in resolving day-to-day problems related to transportation and fleet management.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external customers those contacted during work.
- Must be flexible i.e., Willing to work in evenings, weekends, and public holiday (when needed)
- Planning and negotiation skills required
- Good level of computer literacy, conversant with all Microsoft products; preferably experience with fleet management software systems.
How To Apply