Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit a Winder Specialist to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and to ensure activities in the Engineering are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
Reporting to: Shaft Infrastructure Superintendent.
Duration: 2 years contract
Responsible for the following, including but not limited to:
- Production, Service and Marry Ann Winders.
- Safety and Control systems.
- PLCs, EMHUs & Safewind systems.
- Winder house and auxiliary equipment.
- Legal compliance – Dynamic brake testing, EMT rope testing, Lock/Call bell system testing, and Safety circuit trip testing.
- Yearly maintenance schedule and execution.
- Upgrades and improvements.
- Load out stations (Instrumentation).
- Shaft SCADA system.
- All shaft stations (Instrumentation).
- Surface ventilation fans (Instrumentation).
- Main compressors (Shaft) (Instrumentation).
- Refrigeration plants (Instrumentation).
- Centralized Blasting system (Instrumentation);
- Shaft SCADA network.
- Ensure all Winder & shaft related equipment comply with MHSA.
- Maintain Winder availability above 96%.
- Liaise with the Operation management team regarding daily, weekly and monthly progress to plan, budget, and employee resources.
- Oversee that all work practices are executed in compliance with legal requirements.
- Oversee the quality of workmanship and conduct regular inspections around the appointed shaft sections.
- Plan daily, weekly and monthly work requirement and priorities with the operational team.
- Oversee the development of a healthy spirit of co-operation within the section.
- Identify operational priorities within the section that would ensure the optimization of the section’s performance.
- Allocate multi-task team members to Artisans when required to perform and ensure effective maintenance
- Oversee that the required material, equipment, spares and staff are available to achieve the output
- Compile accurate reports on winders, fans, compressors, centralized blasting, fridge plants & BAC utilization & availability.
- Preparation of periodical reports as requested by management
- Update winders, fans, compressors, centralized blasting & fridge plants asset registers, critical spares and maintain stock levels.
- Ensure all winders, fans, compressors, centralized blasting & fridge plants equipment is correctly loaded on to SAP.
- Create/update all maintenance schedules and inspection lists on SAP.
- Attend to breakdowns and complete necessary fault finding.
- Carry out defined and necessary inspections on the winders and shaft equipment.
- Ensure total adherence to all safety, health and environmental procedures and guidelines as well as all other company policies and procedures.
- Perform switching and preventative maintenance tasks on MV equipment in accordance to company policies and procedures;
- Complete modifications to winders and shaft equipment in accordance with specified instructions.
- Implementation and execution of all tasks and instructions as instructed by the Shaft Superintendent.
- Liaise with other Departments, other Engineering sections, and interact with, focusing on improving the Maintenance Management system and productivity.
- Train, earmarked Tanzanian mine employees for the position of Winder Electrician in accordance with the Barrick Gold succession plan.
- Be vigilant of company assets, monitor, report and action through the appropriate procedures, activities resulting in the loss, misuse or misappropriation of company assets.
- Updating of all electrical & instrumentation documentation (drawings, equipment database and datasheets)
- Attend and conduct Safety meeting;
- Conducts and participate in Risk assessments;
- Allocate tasks to subordinates;
- Bachelor of Electrical Engineering or National Diploma In Electrical Engineering, or
- Engineering Certificate (N6) in the field of Electrical / Instrumentation with a recognized Trade Certificate, and at least 8 years relevant works experience as a Winder Technician.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in similar operations.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Thorough knowledge of main consumer substations, winder operation, refrigeration control systems, main mine ventilation fans control systems, shaft operation, SCADA and PLC system implementation, programming and repairs.
- Sound experience as a Hoist/ Winder Electrical Specialist.
- Must be computer literate and must have thorough knowledge of PLC control systems and diagrams.
- Excellent interpersonal and Instrumentational skills with the ability to assist the supervisor to lead and motivate a well-established instrumentation team.
- A strong personal commitment to implement electrical & instrumentation policies and procedures, with the ability to foster a strong safety culture among electrical personnel.
- Ability to mentor, work with people from a wide range of nationalities, cultures, willingness to share skills and knowledge with others as part of a development program towards all nationals
- Computer Literacy – MS Office Suite (Word/Excel/Power Point/Outlook)
- Mine health &Safety awareness
- Excellent communication in English ,both writing and verbal
- Hazard identification and Risk assessment
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
If you are not contacted by Barrick- Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 04th February 2022
BEWARE OF FRAUDULENT ACTIVITIES! BGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling Toll-Free Number +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com
The post Winder Specialist at Bulyanhulu Gold Mine January, 2022 appeared first on 2022/2023 Mabumbe.