CFS YARD PLANNER
A.P. Moller – Maersk Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
About the job
With 75 terminals on 5 continents APM Terminals (APMT) operates one of the world’s largest and most comprehensive maritime port and terminal networks. United by a passion to help our customers grow their businesses, our team of 22,000 across 55 countries is focused on delivering operational excellence and solutions that help build better supply chain efficiency, flexibility and reliability.
The CFS Yard Planner is responsible for performing administrative operations for operators and other users, ensuring safe and efficient traffic flow of yard equipment within the yard, and ensuring proper dock setup by transporting containers and trailers as directed by the operations team.
- HSSE coordinator and ensure compliance
- Ensure 100%-yard inventory accuracy and integrity by doing daily and monthly inventory reconciliation as specified in the SOP
- Reduce non billable yard moves and optimize housekeeping efforts
- Control yard space allocation adherence for all shipping lines, customers, container size and container type
- Provide the yard operation administration to operators and other users
- Take ownership of yard planning
- Lively monitor all yard movements to ensure execution as planned and control traffic movements in the yard
- Prepare the yard work plan (Empty dropping/Full export container release on a daily basis and communicate plan to relevant persons
- Report problems and issues in the yard like breakdowns in the yard, violation of safety rules in the yard, accidents, etc
- Assists third party carriers to reposition equipment as necessary
- Ensures that yard and related yard equipment is clean, orderly and in a safe operating condition
- Assists with monitoring FIFO (First in, First out) equipment in yard and reports discrepancies to immediate supervisor
Who we are looking for:
- A bachelor degree/High school diploma
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in Supply Chain or Logistics with bellow competitive qualities
- Experience in ICD, CFS, Warehousing, port operation, empty depot or clearing & forwarding is an added advantage
- Team player attitude
- You have a self-starter attitude and can work independently, performing well with time-sensitive tasks
- Must be organized in with work processes and documentation
- Must be reliable with maintaining work schedules and prioritizing workload
- Must possess excellent time management skills to manage high volume in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to perform well with time-sensitive tasks while maintaining accuracy of data and communication
- Excellent problem-solving skills
Our recruitment process:
Please apply before the 9th of March 2023.
If your profile matches job requirements, our recruiter will get in touch to share more about the role and get to know you better and If successful, you will discuss the role with the Line Manager and his team.
Leave a Reply