Inbound Freight Officer
Inbound Freight Officer is responsible for Incoming Shipments coordination of Goods in Transit from various Sandvik Global Stock Rooms to Stock Room 10 in Mwanza. He/she arranges communications between sales groups i.e. Order Desk as well as various logistics stakeholder on Goods In Transit tracking.
- Reporting – Run relevant reports daily/weekly and as required by management or business requirements relating to inbound freight.
- Goods in Transit management- Provide weekly update on shipments in transit with proper tracking on waybills and shipment value.
- Expedite inbound shipments’ pre-alerts from DI (Sandvik Global Distribution International Services).
- Manage Freight Forwarders/Clearing Agents processing customs clearance on inbound shipments.
- Coordinate on duty/customs clearance process
- Coordinate export and tracking of DI Returns
- Expediting of logistics queries related to inbound freight using LPS (Logistics Process Support) and other business tools such as system 21 DI and Aurora as well as report manager.
- An outgoing and self-reliant nature
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of Customers & focus
- Effective communication skills
- 2 – 6 years’ experience in Supply Chain Environment such as Logistics, Shipping & Forwarding
- Knowledge of Supply Chain Management and Freight management challenges
- Knowledge of ERP systems and business management tools and standard software
- Data analysis, reporting and interpretation skills
- Ability to work without supervision
- Valid driver’s license
- Degree/Diploma in Logistics/Supply chain management
- Computer literate with proven Computer skills